Thoughts ?

Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Question Thoughts ?

I wondered what forum members would think of this -

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8586711.html

(Serious thoughts, I mean. Not Berlusconi-type counterattacks on the writer or his country or the paper, which are just ways of avoiding the issue.)
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts ?

Well I can’t let go the fact the site is a total disaster and have to have a go at you for posting the link! Its total cr@p to hit a load of sites before rendering a video of questionable, if any, value. The content is a different thing, but so obvious and true, I’m unsure how most people out there don’t ses it.Sancho, please, please, next time copy and paste the meat, credit the Independent and forget the link….as my poor band width can't stand it!
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

When Salvini becomes PM at the next election we will see what he does.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 4:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Well I can’t let go the fact the site is a total disaster and have to have a go at you for posting the link! Its total cr@p to hit a load of sites before rendering a video of questionable, if any, value. The content is a different thing, but so obvious and true, I’m unsure how most people out there don’t ses it.Sancho, please, please, next time copy and paste the meat, credit the Independent and forget the link….as my poor band width can't stand it!
I don't understand this post.
Is there a problemo please?
Old Oct 17th 2018, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was crass and yet probably planned that Salvini announced his great idea virtually on hte anniversar of the introduction of the racial laws. There will be people in Pordenone who were beside themselves with excitement. Yes I think he is a fascist and yes I think Italy will do the same as it did 80 years ago and do nothing until it is too late. It will be like Tea with Mussolini all over again - the Brits staying on and hoping its just a phase while the Italians lean further and further to the right. Its deeply depressing.

re the site - I dont know why they think we cant read an article and must have a video that says the same thing, but takes so long to load that youve finished reading the article before it starts playing.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I don't understand this post.
Is there a problemo please?
Only with the Independent website Bev, I just wonder now if there is a problem with what I suggested i.e. paste the article here and credit it to the paper, is that not allowed here. Good to see Modicasa thinks similar and it is not just me.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by modicasa
I think Italy will do the same as it did 80 years ago and do nothing until it is too late. It will be like Tea with Mussolini all over again - the Brits staying on and hoping its just a phase while the Italians lean further and further to the right. Its deeply depressing.
What happened 80 yeas ago came in the wake of a massive defeat for the Italian workers. The class struggle had reached a high point in september 1920 with the occupation of the factories (see Paolo Spriano) but failed due to lack of leadership. Only then did fascism become a force to be reckoned with. Same reasoning for germany. Let's hope a decent leadership can be built in time to prevent a return of fascism.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

True, but 60 years of ineffective government has left the Italian worker disenfranchised and now, as history has shown too many times, a scapegoat makes people feel better. The immigrant, or rather the black muslim immigrant is now the scapegoat responsible for all Italy's ills, and they will be treated as the Jews have been in the past.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 12:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Only with the Independent website Bev, I just wonder now if there is a problem with what I suggested i.e. paste the article here and credit it to the paper, is that not allowed here. Good to see Modicasa thinks similar and it is not just me.
Confused but that's not hard these days.
Are you talking copyright?

"Be Site Rule 7. Copyrighted Material
You cannot legally post entire articles or news, or other copyrighted material in the forum without permission from the copyright holder.

Even if you attribute the article/material correctly it is still copyright infringement. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate."

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Another writer who mistakes “fascism” for “things I don’t like”.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Bev, perhaps the site behaves okay for you, it does not for me! The practice of adding video to news is now a common distasteful aspect. To me it is theft, as is google pulling data back and forward over my bandwidth. I'm certain in time the lovely EU will go further than GDPR and stop this theft. Apologies to Sancho as he cannot post the article according to this forums rules, it has to be the link
On the OP, I repeat the article is only stating the obvious.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

you can always change your settings to not play videos automatically -and then you can just read the article.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

In FF?
Old Oct 20th 2018, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn .- you've lost me! FF?
Old Oct 20th 2018, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry it is becoming a habit of mine “FF = FireFox”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.