Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Wikiposts

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
It's a very nice idea and maybe you could combine the tea shoppe with the book shoppe , have magazines and internet and in the back somewhere a room for teaching small groups of people... I'd come and drink / browse ......
I tried that idea with my wife, but she was sure I would need a licence for a book shop and another for a tea shop. So it was Vetoed.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Brilliant idea! . .although methinks huge massive stare on the way ..
I'm sure the bureaucracy would be a nightmare .. is it a libreria? un bar? scuola di lingue? The comune would go mad!

You would need the licence for them all and probably a huge range of qualifications... Plus a bottomless pocket of money
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
What the world needs now is an Italian Prime minister who can move this country forward and cut the red tape into lots of little bits
Exactly ! Berlusca had a ministro per la semplificazione I think, but he was a leghista and just kept moaning about the foreigners.

True story: a well known bookstore chain wanted to open a tempprary stand thing in a centro commerciale in our town just for the Christmas period - my daughter applied for the parttime job - but in the end nothing came of it because the bureaucracy was too complicated, and it would've taken three or four months to get the permission and stuff.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

You would need the licence for them all and probably a huge range of qualifications... Plus a bottomless pocket of money
mm.. plus I don't know anyone in the comune ..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant idea! . .although methinks huge massive stare on the way ..
I'm sure the bureaucracy would be a nightmare .. is it a libreria? un bar? scuola di lingue? The comune would go mad!
naaaaa there's something called the '' literary cafè '' in Parma , they have a similar set up in Italian and serve special beers / wierd tisane and occassionally host small scale theatre / one man shows .... you could do english film nights and generally promote Uk products . thinking about it you could probably get a E U grant ......
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

naaaaa there's something called the '' literary cafè '' in Parma , they have a similar set up in Italian and serve special beers / wierd tisane and occassionally host small scale theatre / one man shows .... you could do english film nights and generally promote Uk products . thinking about it you could probably get a E U grant ......
I'm liking where you're taking me HadEnough!
Perhaps I could get John Peter Sloan in .. he's fashionable at the moment.

But I must insist on tea, not tisanas .. yeukk
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

could you ask Daniel Craig to open it ? .. just asking ....
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

An EU grant..... Bl&%dy H3ll. Maybe we need one up here as well.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

could you ask Daniel Craig to open it ? .. just asking ....
sorry, ain't got his number. Jude Law?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

You have his number ??? ... I have a friend ( male ) who'd finanace your entire cafè for that information...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

You have his number ??? ... I have a friend ( male ) who'd finanace your entire cafè for that information...
I was thinking more Keira Knightley actually, or even Helen Mirren.. I do prefer more mature women ..

Tell your friend I look a bit like Jude Law.

[Note to moderator: please create a Opening an English Book Shop thread and put all these posts in it, thank you. ]
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

thats a bit specific ' starting a business ' thread might be fun ....
http://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/sta...-business.html
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

thats a bit specific ' starting a business ' thread might be fun ....
http://www.startupoverseas.co.uk/sta...-business.html
Nice link, cheers.
But I think I'll wait for the next government. If Berlusca gets in, his lot are bound to be a lot more enterprising... Mind you, the comune still stays red..

[Moderator: make me a moderator and I'll do it for you]
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:38 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Nice link, cheers.
But I think I'll wait for the next government. If Berlusca gets in, his lot are bound to be a lot more enterprising... Mind you, the comune still stays red..

[Moderator: make me a moderator and I'll do it for you]
Only admin choose moderators and let me tell you, they keep promising us Christmas presents of new laptops / i-pads / netbooks and tablets but they always seem to get lost in the admin depot because they never get to us
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Only admin choose moderators and let me tell you, they keep promising us Christmas presents of new laptops / i-pads / netbooks and tablets but they always seem to get lost in the admin depot because they never get to us

.. I'm not so materialistic ( ) .. I just want power..POWER!

just kidding of course. Who do I go down on bended knees to? (good job Duffer's not around..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.