Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Switch to Edison for electricity?

Switch to Edison for electricity?

Old May 4th 2012, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Switch to Edison for electricity?

Anyone else here in Italy using them?
Would you recommend or not?
Thanks for opinions.
Old May 4th 2012, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switch to Edison for electricity?

Connie, our friends use them and they said they save quite a bit. I was also considering them over Enel, but I was told it will create endless mess for me to change provider due to solar panels now registered with ENEL.

I had a look at their website and they offer all services over the internet, like Enel; same for tariffa bioraria where you pay cheaper electricity from 7pm to 8 am the following day, plus holidays and weekend.
I could not find their cost per KW though.
Old May 5th 2012, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I am also concerned about the bureaucratic mess especially WRT solar panels; however the guy that installed my panels says it should not affect that set up. However I am still dubious, one thing that does not encourage me is the complete user unfriendliness of GSE and the GSE web site (Gestore dei Servizi Energetici GSE S.p.A).
I would also be interested to hear from someone with a solar panel installation that has changed energy provider
Old May 6th 2012, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
Connie, our friends use them and they said they save quite a bit. I was also considering them over Enel, but I was told it will create endless mess for me to change provider due to solar panels now registered with ENEL.

I had a look at their website and they offer all services over the internet, like Enel; same for tariffa bioraria where you pay cheaper electricity from 7pm to 8 am the following day, plus holidays and weekend.
I could not find their cost per KW though.
Thanks. They've quoted us 0.0091 per KW but I can't find any info on my Enel bill as to what Enel charge
Old May 6th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Loreto is an unknown quantity at this point

We switched about 2 years ago and have been monitoring over this time and have definitely saved money compared to previous years with ENEL. I also live in the same region as you, not that really matters I suppose.
Old May 7th 2012, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loreto
have definitely saved money compared to previous years with ENEL..
can you be more precise about the percentage saved?
was it worth the trouble to change?
Old May 7th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that you have this correct Connie? 0.0091 per kw is ridiculously cheap.
Old May 7th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Are you sure that you have this correct Connie? 0.0091 per kw is ridiculously cheap.
Oops
Too many zeros! I should have said 0.091
Old May 7th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well-I've gone and done it now so hopefully all will be well and a bit cheaper!
Old May 7th 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Connie, if that's an average rate on your consumption and not a 'teaser' rate for the first hundred Kws or so then that's still a very good rate. Last I looked we were at an average rate of around €0.21 albeit for a high useage level.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Connie, if that's an average rate on your consumption and not a 'teaser' rate for the first hundred Kws or so then that's still a very good rate. Last I looked we were at an average rate of around €0.21 albeit for a high useage level.
We're still managing on 3.3 Kw but may need more in the future, have only tripped it twice in the last 18 months that we've lived here.
They have a website... edisoncasa.it
If you understand Italian (which we don't yet) it could be useful.
We just got a cold call.
I'm all for a cheaper service of any kind as long as it works.
I don't think it's a teaser rate, hope not anyway.
Thanks for your input
Old May 7th 2012, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Purely, purely for information, for an average 3 bedroom house, no frills, average electricity consumption is something around 4500 kws per year. The question I would ask is this? Last year I consumed xxxx kws at a cost of yyyy. If I was to change supplier, on last years consumption numbers, how much would xxxx cost with you? Compare and then decide. I'm trying to help but are you sure that you have not confused 3kw input with your yearly usage. Its easy to move up to 6, 9 ....kw input, standing charge is a bit higher though. An average rate of €0.091 per kw for a fully occupied house still seems very low to me. That's, not to say, however, that ConEd is not cheaper than ENEL.

Last edited by Capo Boi; May 7th 2012 at 5:10 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purely, purely for information, for an average 3 bedroom house, no frills, average electricity consumption is something around 4500 kws per year. The question I would ask is this? Last year I consumed xxxx kws at a cost of yyyy. If I was to change supplier, on last years consumption numbers, how much would xxxx cost with you? Compare and then decide. I'm trying to help but are you sure that you have not confused 3kw input with your yearly usage. Its easy to move up to 6, 9 ....kw input, standing charge is a bit higher though. An average rate of €0.091 per kw for a fully occupied house still seems very low to me. That's, not to say, however, that ConEd is not cheaper than ENEL.
Ok I've totted up the info on my bills from March 2011 to March '12.. we have consumed 2928 Kw at a cost of 495.56 euro minus a refund of 8.95
3.3 kw is our potenza disponibile (whatever that means)
We don't worry about lights, PC is on most of the day. We have air con in 2 rooms which also provides booster heat when it's cold. 3 bed concrete house and we do not EVER use the gas CH!
But there are only 2 of us. Washing machine is used 3/4 times a week. Lots of power tools used at present and electric oven daily.

Last edited by Pica; May 7th 2012 at 7:18 pm. Reason: forgot to add a bit
Old May 7th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your average rate Connie ln the past year was just a fraction under €0.17. Given your (lowish) consumption that number is in line with what I would expect. Are you really sure, however, that ConEd will come in at over 50% cheaper? Seems a very big percentage saving to me. Anyway, good luck. And 3.3kw disponible means that at any one time you have a minimum total input supply of 3kw. (3kw plus 10% tolerance). Best wishes.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Your average rate Connie ln the past year was just a fraction under €0.17. Given your (lowish) consumption that number is in line with what I would expect. Are you really sure, however, that ConEd will come in at over 50% cheaper? Seems a very big percentage saving to me. Anyway, good luck. And 3.3kw disponible means that at any one time you have a minimum total input supply of 3kw. (3kw plus 10% tolerance). Best wishes.
I certainly hope we get the price she quoted! will let you know when we get written confirmation. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.