Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Starting a business in Sicily

Starting a business in Sicily

Old Apr 4th 2015, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

lindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Starting a business in Sicily

I was suggesting a paying boarding kennel- run by poeple with a certain standard, not about animal shelter.
Yes, we all know the situation regarding animals in most of the mediterranean countries. I have lost it countless times when otherwise "educated" sicilians and even vets here have opinions against sterilizing cats and dogs. Thankfully,things are changing. There is hope. Many comune now even offer a waiver to have a cat or dog found on the street sterilized.
I know many,many sicilian friends who have pets and treat them like family, are good responsible pet owners. Also there is a large expat presence here with pets. Both groups have expressed the need for this service and the willingness to pay a premium for it. HOWEVER- I would not want the place Ileft my pets to also be running a "rescue" type operation. We have too many funky(and deadly) diseases here and I would want my animals in a place where every animal entering has to provide proof of vaccinations and internal/external parasite control.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Leanne01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry I didn't explain very clearly. We would never run a boarding and rescue centre together. Just meant it would be great if we could help other rescue organisations with neutering and such. We follow strict procedures already with our family pet and boarding centre regarding vaccinations, health, hygiene and safety. The pet is always the priority. Dogs are my speciality with numerous training, behaviour and grooming qualifications and I would love to offer this service in Sicily in the near future.

I thank you all once again for your valuable knowledge and advice and hope to be of service to some of you sometime soon.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your reply upthread modicasa.

I agree with you, and particularly about d'annunzio.

Seems to. To me that a common thread through dodgy italian history is "italy as victim"