Some Help

Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

nikkibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Some Help

Hi There,

Well i'm a newy here and was wondering if someone could help me. I am currently living in Rho Milan and working as an au pair. I would like to apply for my residency and was wondering how to go about this (I am a British Citizen). Are there any companies that one can go to so they can help you short this out?

Look forward to hearing from you
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Help

Hi Nikkibee and welcome to the forum.

Residency is not something that a company or agency does, it is done through your local town hall (comune/municipio) but in order to help you more you'll have to give a little more information about your position here.

Do you live with the family in their house or do you have your own place - pay rent - have a rental contract?

Has the family you are working for given you a proper work contract and do you know if they are paying INPS contributions for you?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hi Nikkibee and welcome to the forum.

Residency is not something that a company or agency does, it is done through your local town hall (comune/municipio) but in order to help you more you'll have to give a little more information about your position here.

Do you live with the family in their house or do you have your own place - pay rent - have a rental contract?

Has the family you are working for given you a proper work contract and do you know if they are paying INPS contributions for you?
Wow that was quick Lorna, thank you

I am staying with the family in their flat so i do not have extra expenses.
They have not given me a proper work contract but if it is something that will help me i could ask them. ( i am not to sure what INPS, and i do not think they are paying this)

I am also studying correspondence through Australia, if this helps at all

Thanks so much again
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

How long are you going to be here Nikki and how long have you been here already.

Have the family ever spoken to you about residency?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

How long are you going to be here Nikki and how long have you been here already.

Have the family ever spoken to you about residency?
I would like to stay in Italy permanently as my base country is South Africa.
The family have never spoken to me about this but i would like to get my residency.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:58 pm

Talk to the family.

It will be difficult for you to get residency on your own because you need to be able to prove that you are working here and paying the national tax contributions (INPS) which would then entitle you to the Italian national health system ......... or you need to be able to prove that you have enough money to live off by yourself - savings and bank statements - and that you have private health insurance so you're not a burden on the Italian system.

The family could I think include you on their own residency. If they are not paying INPS for you, they'd have to say something like you're a friend of the family and staying with them for a while to learn some Italian. This still wouldn't enttle you to the health care system though.

Talk to them about it and see what they know about it. They probably mistakenly think that with a British passport you can come here and stay here but there are rules for us too and anybody who stays more than 90 days should legally be registered at the town hall.
Ask any questions you like of myself and the other members on here and we'll help as much as we can.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:07 pm

Oh - I forgot to ask you if you previously lived in the UK and if you have a TEAM national health card ?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Talk to the family.

It will be difficult for you to get residency on your own because you need to be able to prove that you are working here and paying the national tax contributions (INPS) which would then entitle you to the Italian national health system ......... or you need to be able to prove that you have enough money to live off by yourself - savings and bank statements - and that you have private health insurance so you're not a burden on the Italian system.

The family could I think include you on their own residency. If they are not paying INPS for you, they'd have to say something like you're a friend of the family and staying with them for a while to learn some Italian. This still wouldn't enttle you to the health care system though.

Talk to them about it and see what they know about it. They probably mistakenly think that with a British passport you can come here and stay here but there are rules for us too and anybody who stays more than 90 days should legally be registered at the town hall.
Ask any questions you like of myself and the other members on here and we'll help as much as we can.
Do you know how much money one need in the bank account? Currently i am with Bupa international as my medical aid - would this be suitable?

Would Au pairing cover as working?

Unfortunately i never lived in the UK
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikkibee
I would like to stay in Italy permanently as my base country is South Africa.
The family have never spoken to me about this but i would like to get my residency.
It really boils down to what type of visa you have now. To be able to stay in Italy it is actually possible that you might have to return to SA and apply there through the Italian embassy....It really depends on what you are here on right now..
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
It really boils down to what type of visa you have now. To be able to stay in Italy it is actually possible that you might have to return to SA and apply there through the Italian embassy....It really depends on what you are here on right now..
I came to Italy on my British passport.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:00 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I realise that now...! Ignore me, but you were doing anyway.. Tbh, a trip to the British consul may be of use anyway. They will at least know how the rules apply to your particular case or point you in the right direction anyway.