And So...

Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:58 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default And So...

And So, how are the recent transport strikes affecting you in your area? We cannot fill up our cars with fuel till Friday! Only made aware of this situation last night and too late....
Ernesto
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:40 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And So...

My local petrol station was open this morning but I think perhaps he forgot. I know about it yesterday morning but I had a quarter tank so thought f*** 'em.

I still have no idea why they are taking action however... Probably because I don't watch enough Italian TV!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:10 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Ernesto -amico -

If you popped your head into Happy Hour sometimes you would have known about the petrol strike yesterday at 5pm.

As for why - I think it's something to do with the government not respecting the conditions of the renewel of the petrol station workers' contract.

Something along those lines anyway.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:23 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Hi again...Think it should have been made as a thread for information to people. Some folk don't get time to go through happy Hour
Ernie
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It could have been a separate thread I suppose but I'm not sure how many people would actually have seen it from 5pm to midnight and have had the time to go out and get petrol.....apart from you of course.

Next time one of us hears something about a strike that will affect the majority of us, we'll make a thread of it.

Are you stuck without petrol?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:08 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
My local petrol station was open this morning but I think perhaps he forgot. I know about it yesterday morning but I had a quarter tank so thought f*** 'em.

I still have no idea why they are taking action however... Probably because I don't watch enough Italian TV!
Now I know you live in your own world! The newbies are forgiven but you don't watch Italian tv OR read a newspaper!
I'm ashamed to say I thought you'd all heard about it as the media have been going on about it for days.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:56 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I get a free copy of the Giornale di Vicenza from my gym but I give it to the MIL.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:58 am

You get a free copy of the newspaper from the gym?

Or do you just pick up the copy in the gym and take it home with you?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:59 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

First I had heard was on here - don't watch or read Italian News!! Also, don't have a car.......
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Good afternoon to you all, i am another who can not bear to watch Italian tv..biggest load of rubbish ..to say the least!!! But i do flick onto the tele video every morning to see what is going on in the country we 'choose' to live in!!! Yes, long live british tv, but at least try and be a little informed of the situation where you live!!!!!!!!! Right said that i'm off to see 'Dickensons real deal' !!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:09 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You get a free copy of the newspaper from the gym?

Or do you just pick up the copy in the gym and take it home with you?
It's the only freebie they give. Fitness First instead have a free DVD library for its members!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:42 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny g
Good afternoon to you all, i am another who can not bear to watch Italian tv..biggest load of rubbish ..to say the least!!! But i do flick onto the tele video every morning to see what is going on in the country we 'choose' to live in!!! Yes, long live british tv, but at least try and be a little informed of the situation where you live!!!!!!!!! Right said that i'm off to see 'Dickensons real deal' !!!!!!
I rarely watched the news in the UK, bought a paper rarely. I read more news now on the net than I ever did, for either here or the UK...My memories of news as a kid were constant images of either Vietnam, Ireland or the arms race - didn't exactly encourage my interest I'm afraid. I pick up the important stuff and seem to have a knack for turning the news on when something does happen - 9/11 and 7/7 to name two!! Again, wonder why I don't bother very often?!!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:45 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jenny g
Hi, I must say I do not have Italian T.V, and my Italian is not up to understanding the actual small print in the Italian newspapers...So I rely on the internet to inform me...That's why I come here. A forum...place for discussion and information..I think a "sticky" (if that is the correct word) may be a good thing where people who do know can inform those of us that don't....and yes, we are stuck in without a car.
Ernesto
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:26 pm
The Original Red Head!

Oops! Just hope you have plenty of supplies to see you through this lovely weather! Crack open a bottle with impunity as you ain't going anywhere!!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm just lucky but the petrol stations round here were open yesterday and then today I took my son to the swimming pool about 10 miles away and the stations along the way were open. Could be cos its like a sort of dual carriageway ??

slight exaggeration there - I think the pool is more like 5 miles away.. all this driving over the last week has sent me gaga !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.