Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

SMALL SHOPS, BARS ETC NOT OPENING AGAIN AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK

SMALL SHOPS, BARS ETC NOT OPENING AGAIN AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK

Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:08 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SMALL SHOPS, BARS ETC NOT OPENING AGAIN AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK

Originally Posted by Bluesuede
Actually, IF you read my posts then you will see that my mention of "brown stuff" was after "manure" was mentioned by highlander1.
I'm confused. This is the post on 'brown stuff'.

I assume that as no border controls exist within the EU, well theoretically anyway it is hard to determine who is coming and going anyway. Would anyone really know if you were away for 6 hours or months in reality?

Assuming that you weren't being facetious about the UK, i would need a whole forum to myself to tell you why the brown stuff has not even gotten close to the fan as yet never mind hitting it.
This is the next post with manure post.

Originally Posted by highlander1
You could give us all your take on it, I live in the countryside, never been put off by the smell of manure !
So unless I'm missing something you posted first.

Last edited by 37100; Sep 11th 2014 at 9:17 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
You obviously know very little of how Italy works.
Your comings and goings will be noticed. Landlords, local police, national police, carabinieri, fiscal police, border police if using ports or airports; all will be keeping tabs on you.
Apologies if I'm following a separate thread but your point was too interesting ononno.

How do the border people slot all this info together or centralise it in any way?

Also I read somewhere (maybe on here) that when it comes to the tax/residence wonks you are "guilty until you prove yourself innocent"/ie: It's up to you to prove that you weren't in Italy for that long. Apologies if I have got hold of the wrong end of the stick on this point.

How do you prove this? Keep plane/ferry tickets/have photos of yourself with an arm round a border guard and the other holding the day's newspaper? And how do you prove that you crossed a land border on a particular day.

Please be gentle with me ononno - I'm not taking the p, an honest question. I have every intention of staying within the rules but am equally determined to prove that I have.

all the best

(NB: In case any Italian authorities are reading this I'm in London, haven't been to Italy for over a year, have no base in Italy whatsoever and have never had, have no intention of breaking/bending any rules - in fact am keen to stay on the right side of them. If they get too onerous/unfair/pernicious I won't come and will stay in London longer surrounded by Italians)
Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:24 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider
Apologies if I'm following a separate thread but your point was too interesting ononno.

How do the border people slot all this info together or centralise it in any way?

Also I read somewhere (maybe on here) that when it comes to the tax/residence wonks you are "guilty until you prove yourself innocent"/ie: It's up to you to prove that you weren't in Italy for that long. Apologies if I have got hold of the wrong end of the stick on this point.

How do you prove this? Keep plane/ferry tickets/have photos of yourself with an arm round a border guard and the other holding the day's newspaper? And how do you prove that you crossed a land border on a particular day.

Please be gentle with me ononno - I'm not taking the p, an honest question. I have every intention of staying within the rules but am equally determined to prove that I have.

all the best

(NB: In case any Italian authorities are reading this I'm in London, haven't been to Italy for over a year, have no base in Italy whatsoever and have never had, have no intention of breaking/bending any rules - in fact am keen to stay on the right side of them. If they get too onerous/unfair/pernicious I won't come and will stay in London longer surrounded by Italians)
No need for them to check border entries. Everything that needs a CF is easily traceable. Rental contracts. Leccy/gas usage. Kids in school. Sim cards. Etc. You need to keep all your ferry/plane tickets etc and just hope for the best.

Last edited by 37100; Sep 11th 2014 at 9:26 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, IF you read my posts then you will see that my mention of "brown stuff" was after "manure" was mentioned by highlander1.
Why don't you read post 19 ?
Old Sep 11th 2014, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
No need for them to check border entries. Everything that needs a CF is easily traceable. Rental contracts. Leccy/gas usage. Kids in school. Sim cards. Etc. You need to keep all your ferry/plane tickets etc and just hope for the best.

all the best

I really don't believe that you, or any one else, is genuinely so naive. As 37100 points out, the codices fiscale traces everything you do within Italy. Border/passport/ID card checks are carried out at airports in Italy and UK if travelling between those countries. Same checks are carried out at ferry ports. Road/rail land borders, up to you to prove you did or didn't cross at any given time. Yes, with tickets, if Swiss borders get your passport stamped. You can even get a passport stamp if you pop into San Marino.
Little brother is already watching us; Big Brother's not far behind.
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Sep 11th 2014, 10:47 pm
Banned

Bluesuede is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah good, you were reading the posts then!
I see that life must be very exciting for you.
Get out an enjoy the sun
Old Sep 11th 2014, 10:58 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't and I don't like your tone so I'm asking you nicely to be polite.
If you want answers about residency issues, go and find one of the many threads on residency or start another one. This is not the place so let's get this thread back on topic please.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:17 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

No, neither do I.

This has all gone very odd indeed - Bluesuede seems to have popped on to the thread asking for help and guidance and the next thing is calling people clinically insane. Seems to me like Bluesuede should go lie down in a darkened room for a while.

Highlander was just asking for facts etc to back up an assertion.

all strange, very strange

Yeah I agree, someone has issues.

BOT - I have noticed a couple of temporary stores. Don't know if they are either catching on to the pop-up store craze in the UK, if they are outlets for other bigger stores or really are short term leases. Do they do that?

There is even a temporary bar although it looks trendy.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:20 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Ah good, you were reading the posts then!
I see that life must be very exciting for you.
Get out an enjoy the sun
It's pissing down outside and no chance of the sun coming out but seriously, nobody was having a go at you and for some reason that only you know, you've turned into a right dick.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The village haberdashery shop has just closed down. It was one of those old, Italian places that sold a mish-mash of sewing things, underwear, tablecloths and tea-towels and bibs, towels and pump bags for scuola materna.

Just opened is another Chinese bazzar and a kebab place.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:25 pm
Banned

Bluesuede is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry you don't like my tone, I don't like the tone of some of the obviously disaffected people who have posted replies,but perhaps your few miscreants shouldn't have started something they didn't like getting replies back to.
There was nothing at all in my original post that was really off topic given the economic problems faced by most EU countries save for the number of days before residency kicks in and even then i got a snide response.
Maybe my remarks were a bit too near the knuckle for some who may have burnt their bridges and regret it.
Maybe this is the equivalent of the old cricket club where the wrong type of flannels got you ignored, if only.
What now a ban :lol
For anyone who is genuinely offended by my posts......you need to get out more!
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:29 pm

What now a ban :lol
Yes. Goodbye.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 12:06 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Yes. Goodbye.
nice one Lorna - he was only half as funny and a tenth as clever as he thought he was. Why join a forum just to insult people - the mind boggles!
Old Sep 12th 2014, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a record ? He only made 12 posts !
Old Sep 12th 2014, 12:35 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Is this a record ? He only made 12 posts !
Maybe here on the Italian forum. I moderate a sports forum where the current record (which may never be beaten) is 1 post.

Given how tolerant Lorna is, getting banned in 12 posts is remarkable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.