Reload this Page >

Setting Up Home in Milano

Setting Up Home in Milano

Old May 24th 2009, 9:07 pm
Being Italianized

Samsonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setting Up Home in Milano

Hello everyone,

I've now got a date for moving to Milan in August (at least that is when my other half starts her new job there). I will move over as soon as I can get a job (another story). Just had a few questions about living in Milan or even just Italy in general:

1. Is it straight-forward enough to rent somewhere in and around the city?

2. How much of a hassle is it to set up services like Sky/Cable TV, Phone, Internet, etc.?

3. How many months, years do you reckon it would take to become fluent in Italian?

There, some nice easy questions

Regards,
S
Old May 26th 2009, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Midsomer_Peter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Setting Up Home in Milano

For 2, have a read of this;
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609168
Old May 27th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I think you will find learning Italian quite easy to begin with, when I first came to Italy almost 39 years ago I had only done a short course using records (old 78's borrowed from the library). Once here I used to listen to the Italian radio stations, which helped alot, it took me about two years to become fluent. Of course the more you get to know the Italian language you realise how difficult it is with all the different tenses. Good luck with your move to Milan.
Old May 27th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Samsonite
You should be able to find accomodation fairly easily in Milano. But this might be of interest to you as a non italian speaking resident.

its an online magazine for expats in and around Milan - Its called
http://www.easymilano.it/eng/index.php

Theres lots of useful info and you can read it all online.

Good luck with the move
Patty