Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

In search of sausages...

In search of sausages...

Old Oct 19th 2010, 7:15 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In search of sausages...

Didn't realise you were in N. Wales! Whereabouts? I've a good friend in Brynford near Holywell and a friend here is from those parts too!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Didn't realise you were in N. Wales! Whereabouts? I've a good friend in Brynford near Holywell and a friend here is from those parts too!
Ha ha! I live in Wrexham and have a business in Mold. Where is your friend from?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:36 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure, but she heads back to North Wales most summers with her daughter Vivi. I know it's around that part though as they go to Chester a lot while they are there. My friend in Brynford works at Wrexham hospital!! Small world! You'll be fine in Abruzzo then in winter....
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I'm not sure, but she heads back to North Wales most summers with her daughter Vivi. I know it's around that part though as they go to Chester a lot while they are there. My friend in Brynford works at Wrexham hospital!! Small world! You'll be fine in Abruzzo then in winter....
I trained as a nurse at the Maelor (Wrexham hosp.) but that was along time ago '86 to '89.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:52 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! It's getting smaller! She probably moved out there around '86 but I think she was working in a care home in Brynford at that time (this is my friend that still lives there, not the one that lives here... ) My son's housemaster at school is from Holywell too, his dad was the vicar at the CofE there.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Funny isn't it. My last visit to UK was for a wedding at Gwernymynydd. My next visit, when I get round to it, will be to Gwernymynydd. Know quite a lot of ex miner Italian families around Buckley and Mynydd Isa.
By the way, can highly reccomend the sausages from our local butcher here in the Campania hills.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Oct 20th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Funny isn't it. My last visit to UK was for a wedding at Gwernymynydd. My next visit, when I get round to it, will be to Gwernymynydd. Know quite a lot of ex miner Italian families around Buckley and Mynydd Isa.
By the way, can highly reccomend the sausages from our local butcher here in the Campania hills.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Some of my staff come from Buckley and one is from Mold who is of Italian descent and she still has family in Molise!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Tee hee it's a small world! I worked in North Wales a couple of years ago, at Colomendy, and walked from Mold through Gwernymynydd quite a few times due to there never being taxis available
Was at a wedding earlier this year round Northop way too!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by internationalbefky
Tee hee it's a small world! I worked in North Wales a couple of years ago, at Colomendy, and walked from Mold through Gwernymynydd quite a few times due to there never being taxis available
Was at a wedding earlier this year round Northop way too!
Still a poor area for taxis
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Sausage update: Still haven't found veggie ones, but have settled for a pack of lovely looking sausages which will go nicely with some scrambled egg and tomatoes tomorrow morning. Yummy!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

I am in England and in search of Italian sausages. Coarse cut Neapoitan ones, great for slow cooking and bbq. Not for with sausage and mash though.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:13 pm
The Original Red Head!

I KNOW they won't be the same, but have you tried the Sainsbury's Sicilian sausages or something like, plus their French ones in the same range (assuming they are still doing them after 4 years that is!!) are really coarse and meaty - might be a close approximation anyway!!