Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Scottish Lass in livorno

Scottish Lass in livorno

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

christine1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Scottish Lass in livorno

Hi, I'm Scottish and have been living here in Livorno for a month now. I'm here on a work contract till May 2010 and would really like to make friends, both male & female to hang out, have coffee, eat out, sightseeing etc etc. Does anyone want to meet up or have any advice or knowledge of clubs or things I can join in Livorno?

Last edited by christine1962; Nov 22nd 2009 at 6:13 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:34 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Lass in livorno

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not close to you but I did find this thread about Livorno

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=livorno

It's an old thread but the last post was this year and the mention of an English pub quiz makes you think there must be a few British people around there.

When you have made 3 posts on this forum (any part of it) you'll have access to the private message service. You could always private message Purplesally and ask if she is still around and if any English things are still being organised. If you want to do this just click on the person's username and a few options will come up including the private message option.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hello Christine, I'm nowhere near you either I'm afraid but just wanted to say welcome to the forumxxx
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

SaddleTramp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christine, welcome to the forum...I too am not near you, but if you ever come down Cassino way, I am in Mignano Monte Lungo and only a short bus ride away...There is a Scottish community in Figliano (think I have spelled that correctly), dunno where or how far from that is also...

Been here nearly a month myself....
Paul
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum - not near you but I'm sure someone will pop up soon
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:32 am
Just Joined

keeva72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christine. My wife and I moved to Florence two days ago from Japan. I'm Scottish and shes English, but shes OK really.

If you ever pop over to Florence let me know. Not that well be able to show you much. I did however find an Asian food shop that sold Tennants Supers yesterday!

Craig
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

leghornliz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christine1962
Hi, I'm Scottish and have been living here in Livorno for a month now. I'm here on a work contract till May 2010 and would really like to make friends, both male & female to hang out, have coffee, eat out, sightseeing etc etc. Does anyone want to meet up or have any advice or knowledge of clubs or things I can join in Livorno?
Hello,I'm Liz and I've been in Livorno for over 40 years - and love it. Can't think of clubs or things you could join - wrong age group,Im afraid - but if you need any advice or anything - just let me know!!
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by leghornliz
Hello,I'm Liz and I've been in Livorno for over 40 years - and love it. Can't think of clubs or things you could join - wrong age group,Im afraid - but if you need any advice or anything - just let me know!!
I'm from Dundee - and you?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Liz, apologies for not replying sooner - been having internet problems. I'm from Dundee too. Small world. Fancy meeting up for a coffee?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keeva72
Hi Christine. My wife and I moved to Florence two days ago from Japan. I'm Scottish and shes English, but shes OK really.

If you ever pop over to Florence let me know. Not that well be able to show you much. I did however find an Asian food shop that sold Tennants Supers yesterday!

Craig
Hi Craig, I paln to visit Florence in the week between Christmas & New year. It'd be great to meet up with you both and have a chat and a coffee if you're free?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

keeva72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Craig, I paln to visit Florence in the week between Christmas & New year. It'd be great to meet up with you both and have a chat and a coffee if you're free?
No problem at all. It'll be nice to here a Scottish accent again!

I'm from Greenock BTW, I hope that doesn't put you off

Ill let you know my phone number / email address next week when I get my phone from the UK.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keeva72
No problem at all. It'll be nice to here a Scottish accent again!

I'm from Greenock BTW, I hope that doesn't put you off

Ill let you know my phone number / email address next week when I get my phone from the UK.
Nice one, hope to hear from you soon then. Meantime, if you have msn or yahoo you can add me, my yahoo and skype are on this site, if I've added everything correctly that is
Tarra the noo and speak soon.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Liz, apologies for not replying sooner - been having internet problems. I'm from Dundee too. Small world. Fancy meeting up for a coffee?
Coincidence!! Yes, I'd love to meet you - the only thing is when! When are you free from work? Where are you staying? I live in Piazza Matteotti (called Piazza Roma). Let me know and we'll arrange something! Ciao
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by leghornliz
Coincidence!! Yes, I'd love to meet you - the only thing is when! When are you free from work? Where are you staying? I live in Piazza Matteotti (called Piazza Roma). Let me know and we'll arrange something! Ciao
Hi, ta for writing back, I work in piazza Grande,British school, do you know it? if so drop by anytime and we can arrange a coffee. I work every day from 1 or 3pm till 8.30pm mon - fri and every second saturday morning.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Scottish Lass in livorno

Hi, ta for writing back, I work in piazza Grande,British school, do you know it? if so drop by anytime and we can arrange a coffee. I work every day from 1 or 3pm till 8.30pm mon - fri and every second saturday morning.
I've heard of you already!! A son of a friend of mine is a pupil of yours! Federico Ciampi! I worked in the Berlitz school when I came to Italy - it's closed down since.
Guess it will have to be a late morning then. My number is ********** not early,please, I go to bed late!

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Nov 29th 2009 at 1:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.