Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Thanks guys.
I've realised recently that you cannot win with women like her and, yes, I strongly believe in Karma. If I say anything then people say 'No signora you misunderstood me' so what's the point, and I'm not ignorant or 'maleducata' I'm very well educated in actual fact... I did have to go down the garden to chat to the kids for a while though for a bit of sensible conversation and remember that I'm not a terrible person or my friends kids wouldn't try so hard to have conversations with me, hug me and explain things to me. The friend of H's is very worried that I spend too much time on my own and she's only 11!!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. You can't win with people like that but I know that ignoring her nasty comments is easier said than done.
She'll get her comeuppance or a punch in the face one day.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we played lacrosse!
What the!! ..... It was hockey in the freezing in nothing but a bloody p.e skirt for us or the horrendous netball where you cannot move once you have the ball and are only allowed in certain areas depending on what position you played... we did once get an enlightened teacher from the 20th Century who started up a girls and then a mixed basketball team and I thoroughly enjoyed that game. The freedom to be able to move with a ball was just amazing after bloody netball! When she left our school we were devestated and I gave up on P.E after that and had a generic doctor's note that I waved from the 4th year onwards... it's a shame really as I feel now as a grown-up that there are lots of things I do enjoy doing like Yoga and Walking and Swimming... and I really didn't take advantage of free sport when it was offered.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You're right. You can't win with people like that but I know that ignoring her nasty comments is easier said than done.
She'll get her comeuppance or a punch in the face one day.
I can't pretend that the thought didn't cross my mind Lorna... I think I'd be in Mother Teresa territory if it didn't!!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Photocopy machine at my OH school has reached number of copies allowed per year! No one is allowed to use the copier until January!!!!!

Any teacher who wished to use photocopies in class must make own arrangements ! This is in the North of Italy for goodness sake
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

But school has only been open 2 weeks !!!!!

Who is doing all the photocopying ?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Photocopy machine at my OH school has reached number of copies allowed per year! No one is allowed to use the copier until January!!!!!

Any teacher who wished to use photocopies in class must make own arrangements ! This is in the North of Italy for goodness sake
Sounds very familiar... we were supposed to go spending in Conbipel last year so that the school could afford their own photocopier... they try and con the parents with 'offices' to do it for them, but seriously what do the schools spend all their funding on... also funnily enough all the parents pay for photocopying out of this new money that we pay for trips etc.... it just so happened that each child uses just the right amount of photocopying as the difference left after all the school trips and sports activites have been taken out of it... wouldn't mind but we actually provided all the actual paper for the photocopier too.....
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
But school has only been open 2 weeks !!!!!

Who is doing all the photocopying ?
My OH said the photocopy year is Jan to Jan She wants to use our home printer to copy and print
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:17 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

And are they going to pay for new cartridges etc for your printer?! I think our school does the same tbh - we're poor nuns please use the photocopier in your office for us! One mum that does do this I think does because her kids get everything pretty much free anyway - they do deserve it though, dad died a few years ago from asbestosis and, typically, mum is having to fight tooth and nail for any kind of compensation....at one point she was told by her solicitors to give up, no clue if she did or not.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=TestaRossa;8881361]And are they going to pay for new cartridges etc for your printer?!

No, my OH wouldn't ask.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
My OH said the photocopy year is Jan to Jan She wants to use our home printer to copy and print
Well that makes no bloody sense to me when the actual school year is September to June.

I know my kids' school asks the parents for paper and the liceo where I taught had a number of permitted photocopies per class each month - but January to January just begs the question - why?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by indiebird
Sounds very familiar... we were supposed to go spending in Conbipel last year so that the school could afford their own photocopier... they try and con the parents with 'offices' to do it for them, but seriously what do the schools spend all their funding on... also funnily enough all the parents pay for photocopying out of this new money that we pay for trips etc.... it just so happened that each child uses just the right amount of photocopying as the difference left after all the school trips and sports activites have been taken out of it... wouldn't mind but we actually provided all the actual paper for the photocopier too.....
That is shocking but sickeningly all too normal for here. I hope she hasn't given up.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:48 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Dina, she sounds like a jobsworth looking for drama if you ask me! I would head her off and go to the Preside youerself and explain you don't like the insinuations she's making and that your boy plays rugby... if she got the wrong person here she would get a smack in the gob!! Must admit that I took my kids to a friend's birthday party on Saturday and there was a mother there who I've had a run in before when she pulled her car over when I was walking to school to tell me that she didn't like her little darling sitting next to my son who was nicking all her sweets and borrowing all her stationary and could I not afford to buy my son stationary and sweets? I went straight to the school and asked the teachers if there was a problem I should be aware of and the teachers said no and went beserk on her and she was forced to apologise. Saturday was just horrible. Her daughter is lovely but her son is a little shite (much worse than my child -at least I can see my son's faults and speak to him about them.) and she spent most of the party running down all the 'bad kids' the presida has dared to put in her daughter's class at the media and even referred to my son as a 'bastardo' in a stage whisper to another mum I don't know. I presume it means the same thing here as it does at home. It really gets me down, but seeing as my friend is accepting of us unconditionally I don't want to ruin it all by getting into a screaming match with this other woman at her house at a child's party. I came home feeling very depressed though.....
that is seriously nasty - I might not have been able to control myself if I'd been you!!

is there anyone who can intercede on your behalf to stop this nasty spiteful woman?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

What the!! ..... It was hockey in the freezing in nothing but a bloody p.e skirt for us or the horrendous netball where you cannot move once you have the ball and are only allowed in certain areas depending on what position you played... we did once get an enlightened teacher from the 20th Century who started up a girls and then a mixed basketball team and I thoroughly enjoyed that game. The freedom to be able to move with a ball was just amazing after bloody netball! When she left our school we were devestated and I gave up on P.E after that and had a generic doctor's note that I waved from the 4th year onwards... it's a shame really as I feel now as a grown-up that there are lots of things I do enjoy doing like Yoga and Walking and Swimming... and I really didn't take advantage of free sport when it was offered.
yeah - lacrosse in the freezing cold too

short short skirts & polo shirts iirc

no gloves allowed even though hands got knocked by other players sticks

you never felt anything cos your hands were frozen - just saw the blood
Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa
that is seriously nasty - I might not have been able to control myself if I'd been you!!

is there anyone who can intercede on your behalf to stop this nasty spiteful woman?
I think getting other people involved here just seems to make matters worse. In some ways I wish I hadn't been so English and gone to the school in the first place about her now, but as far as I was concerned at the time I wanted to go and get the teachers to move my son or this girl away from each other if they were aware of a problem. I've honestly found that it doesn't always pay to be too open here.... I'm too English not to be though personally and I've always believed that you sort things out by talking about them, not by hiding away from them. It was our Saints day here yesterday and my friend had invited us down to the town yesterday to wack the piniata thingy for the kids to get the sweets. We were out as my parents are here so didn't go but my son told me that this woman was supposed to go with her kids too but didn't as my friend told her she'd invited us already and she doesn't want to mix with us.... I think my friend is slowly beginning to see what a cow she is... she doesn't mince words at all (but she comes from an 'old' family here so she gets to say and do what she likes) so I would imagine she told this woman where to get off and not to be so bloody stupid. Interesting though......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.