Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools in Florence closed tomorrow.

Schools in Florence closed tomorrow.

Old Dec 19th 2010, 2:15 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools in Florence closed tomorrow.

That's it really! Not sure about Tuesday but the closure has come from the comune.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in Florence closed tomorrow.

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
That's it really! Not sure about Tuesday but the closure has come from the comune.
Have you got loads of snow there?
Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:32 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in Florence closed tomorrow.

It was more the speed of delivery! In 4 hours on Friday we got over 30cm which is a heck of a lot for here. So none of the roads were gritted, no-one was expecting it, so the motorway between here and Pisa closed until today I think it was, I have friends who were stuck out there overnight on Friday. It took me and my friend 90 mins to do a 20 min trip which ended up with us leaving her car near Antonia's school and picking her up early then walking home. Today it is definitely melting and there hasn't been anymore but the roads are still slushy or icey as are the pavements. They make the UK look organised in the same kind of weather which is saying something!!!

Because of this I don't think the comune can guarantee that all the meals will be delivered on time so I guess it is easier to close the schools than risk no food!!