Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

S1 and new EHIC card from 1st Jan 2021

S1 and new EHIC card from 1st Jan 2021

Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Palmy is a jewel in the roughPalmy is a jewel in the roughPalmy is a jewel in the roughPalmy is a jewel in the rough
Smile S1 and new EHIC card from 1st Jan 2021

I have just been arranging for my S1 form in readiness for a move to Italy and was asked about my current EHIC card (which I need to send back to the NHS apparently!). The lady also mentioned the new EHIC card which comes in from 1st Jan 2021 which I can apply for once my S1 is registered and this would entitle me to medical care if I then visit France or any other EU country. She sent me a really helpful link to the relevant NHS site with application info and I thought others might like to have the information.

https://nhsbsa-live.powerappsportals...KA-01314/en-us

Old Nov 13th 2020, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1 and new EHIC card from 1st Jan 2021

Originally Posted by Palmy
I have just been arranging for my S1 form in readiness for a move to Italy and was asked about my current EHIC card (which I need to send back to the NHS apparently!). The lady also mentioned the new EHIC card which comes in from 1st Jan 2021 which I can apply for once my S1 is registered and this would entitle me to medical care if I then visit France or any other EU country. She sent me a really helpful link to the relevant NHS site with application info and I thought others might like to have the information.

https://nhsbsa-live.powerappsportals...KA-01314/en-us
Thanks for the link Palmy. I also had to return my EHIC card when registering for S1 but my other half didn't!