Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Man - Trapani

Ryanair Man - Trapani

Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Ryanair Man - Trapani

Thought it might interest somebody from the 1st of April 2013 Ryanair are running between Manchester_ Trapani!!!
Great news for me
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Roger Mellie will become famous soon enoughRoger Mellie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ryanair Man - Trapani

Chhhhaapani is a beautiful place, I hope to visit Sicilia again this summer!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

The Ryanair contract with Trapani ends next spring, noone yet know if it will be renewed and on what terms. Obviously those of us in the south east want Ryanair to come to COmiso which opens at Easter, but whether Ryanair can justify 3 (if you include Palermo) bases on the island is anyones guess. Those in the know seem to think that Ryanair will reduce flights to Trapani as there is always the conflict with the military base.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:35 am
Just Joined

milazzo06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by modicasa
...COmiso which opens at Easter...
Are things starting to move there, then?

I must admit, if this happens, I'm inclined to agree with Modicasa - especially since having two Ryanair airports so close to each other (Trapani and Palermo) doesn't seem so justifiable. And the fragile one will always be Trapani, for the reason of it being shared with the military. It would be a real blow to the Province of Trapani, however.

Comiso is still no better for those of us in the North East of the island, though. Round here they're pinning their hopes on the aeroporto delle eolie - but I can't see that ever taking off. (Actually, not sure I'd want it.)
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Please let Ryanair open in Comiso and fly there from Milano please.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

The Ryanair contract with Trapani ends next spring, noone yet know if it will be renewed and on what terms. Obviously those of us in the south east want Ryanair to come to COmiso which opens at Easter, but whether Ryanair can justify 3 (if you include Palermo) bases on the island is anyones guess. Those in the know seem to think that Ryanair will reduce flights to Trapani as there is always the conflict with the military base.
Look on Ryan air web site, why would they announce this new route in April if their contract was ending???
Old Nov 9th 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

milazzo06 is an unknown quantity at this point

It certainly seems so from the Ryanair website. But I think modicasa was referring to this:

http://www.aviazionecivile.org/vb/sh...ta-di-rimanere

Maybe, if you booked, and the contract with Trapani did get terminated, the flight would just be moved to Palermo? (I think I have a distant memory of that once happening to me with ryanair). And maybe that could be even better?
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I dont work for the airlines so cant answer why they would advertise routes or not - but Windjet happily sold tickets until the day it went bust, Ryanair terminates routes as and when it likes, as does Easyjet. If I remember correctly Ryanair stopped flying to Lamezia with only a couple of weeks notice. They also cancel flights that arent decently booked - when you book with any airline they are under no obligation to provide the flight you book.

As regards Comiso the documentation has now been signed in Rome and the airport 'should' open in 150 days - this week they are doing all the checks on site. Final checks will be next week and then we will know if there is a definite green light for Easter.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

I dont work for the airlines so cant answer why they would advertise routes or not - but Windjet happily sold tickets until the day it went bust, Ryanair terminates routes as and when it likes, as does Easyjet. If I remember correctly Ryanair stopped flying to Lamezia with only a couple of weeks notice. They also cancel flights that arent decently booked - when you book with any airline they are under no obligation to provide the flight you book.

As regards Comiso the documentation has now been signed in Rome and the airport 'should' open in 150 days - this week they are doing all the checks on site. Final checks will be next week and then we will know if there is a definite green light for Easter.
Yes I know about Windjet, they still owe me 380 euro for cancelled flights!!!