Rubbish

Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:39 am
Just Joined

2fab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rubbish

Yesterday i took my rubbish as normal to the green wheelie bins and deposited it..from behind the bins out popped a man from the " Rubbish Police" and gave me a fine for 50 euros for not separating it into paper,plastic and general waste..and said it was a new law in Sassari,but they are telling everyone next week...:curse:
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:51 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish

What??! Think you need someone to have a word for you..
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 2fab
Yesterday i took my rubbish as normal to the green wheelie bins and deposited it..from behind the bins out popped a man from the " Rubbish Police" and gave me a fine for 50 euros for not separating it into paper,plastic and general waste..and said it was a new law in Sassari,but they are telling everyone next week...:curse:
Sounds like Italy.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

the opposite here ... we were told months before the "differenziata" started: there were adverts on local TV and radio stations, a numero verde for information on what to put in each bin, pamphlets delivered to everyone's door etc etc .... and I still find people putting out their rubbish in the wrong bins, at the wrong time and on the wrong day.
a few fines would probably change people's behaviour.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

2fab is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't need a fine to change my behaviour just the right information at the right time...
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't need a fine to change my behaviour just the right information at the right time...
by "people" ... I meant "southern Italians"
Old Nov 6th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

We had a leaflet put through the letterbox last week telling us what colour bags we should use for what kind of rubbish.They have not introduced in our road, but we have been paying for the raccolta diferenziata for months.
Makes no difference for us as we have always recycled.I take plastic/paper/glass/metal to the big containers and we compost all organic stuff in the composters in our garden.

It seems very unfair you were given a fine and the collection had not started yet.However, even if you go to the local Comune and complain, I am sure they will tell you that it was announced, bla bla.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Well they are gonna make a fortune with these fines. I lived in Sorso for 4 years and hardly anybody could be bothered to put stuff in the correct bins. Glass bins always contained plastic...........and plastic contained glass!!!!!!
It will be interesting to see if they mend their ways
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Even if rubbish really does eventually get recycled here, which I doubt, I don't believe that it makes one jot of difference to anything. It does, however, allow people easy access to the moral high ground. Which is always nice.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
Even if rubbish really does eventually get recycled here, which I doubt, I don't believe that it makes one jot of difference to anything. It does, however, allow people easy access to the moral high ground. Which is always nice.
Right on!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debra
Well they are gonna make a fortune with these fines. I lived in Sorso for 4 years and hardly anybody could be bothered to put stuff in the correct bins. Glass bins always contained plastic...........and plastic contained glass!!!!!!
It will be interesting to see if they mend their ways
Debra, it probably is not so important if the plastic and glass get mixed up as I saw yesterday containers in Rome that were for mixed recycled rubbish.They might separate it later.
I also remember Dispaches on Channel4 showing recyclable stuff that was carefully divided by homeowners being chucked in the landfill! Who knows, one can do their bit for the environment and hope the officials will too.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:24 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You sound exactly like my OH! He also can't understand why paper is recycled when they are replanting trees to replace lost ones and recycled paper costs more to make than new....!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

i think the fines are completely unfair. our local council (windsor & maidenhead) rolled out a recycling scheme that is getting really popular and getting a lot of admiration throughout the rest of the uk councils.We have a chip in our new recycle wheelie bin (one bin for all mixed recycling)the bin truck weighs the amount of rubbish and the data is collected at the end of the run. points are issued to each 'account' which you sign up for (online with no bank details or silly personal forms)You can redeem your points for money off or freebies vouchers with local business' that have signed up (werent many to start, but now loads as popularity grows) It's a great idea as it rewards for recycling, rather than punishing for not.And it generates income for local shops by giving people discounts.So far i have collected enough points in 14 weeks for nearly 3x£10 vouchers for a couple of stores in windsor, or for several free bottles of wine/25-50% off final bill at a few local restaurants!! M&S have just signed up too.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

We also have a points system here in Salerno. If you take your rubbish to one of the Recycling Centres it is weighed and you are give a receipt. The amount shown on the receipt is then deducted from your annual Rubbish Tax.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's not a question of "access to moral high ground". It doesn't even matter that individual recycling probably doesn't make a difference to the environment because it's all dumped in the same place in the end. It's a question of respect for the area one lives in. I, for one, am sick of finding bags of rubbish next to the collecting areas because people can't be bothered to "remember" the days or times set by the Comune. I am sick of seeing bags thrown along the Tangenziale out of car windows by people on their way to work. I am sick of seeing pieces of furniture/mattresses etc dumped on street corners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.