Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Rome Airport to Movie Movie Hotel

Rome Airport to Movie Movie Hotel

Old Aug 27th 2023, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rome Airport to Movie Movie Hotel

Jumping over from the Portugal forum here to help and advice. I will be attending the Ryder Cup in Rome at the end of next month and am hoping to get from the airport (the one not in town) to my hotel on public transport (Monday morning arrival). I will be schlepping two wheely bags (not too heavy) and a briefcase. I've had a look on the Rome transport map and it seems I can do the journey on the metro with lots of stops and a change of trains. Is this the best way to do it or are there airport busses that might be more convenient? I will arrive Rome mid morning so am in no great rush to get to the hotel but I'll have to do the same thing in reverse the following Monday when I will need to get to the airport on time to get my flight back to Faro.
Thanks in advance of any help/suggestions.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rome Airport to Movie Movie Hotel

Originally Posted by sportpix
Jumping over from the Portugal forum here to help and advice. I will be attending the Ryder Cup in Rome at the end of next month and am hoping to get from the airport (the one not in town) to my hotel on public transport (Monday morning arrival). I will be schlepping two wheely bags (not too heavy) and a briefcase. I've had a look on the Rome transport map and it seems I can do the journey on the metro with lots of stops and a change of trains. Is this the best way to do it or are there airport busses that might be more convenient? I will arrive Rome mid morning so am in no great rush to get to the hotel but I'll have to do the same thing in reverse the following Monday when I will need to get to the airport on time to get my flight back to Faro.
Thanks in advance of any help/suggestions.
If you write what the airport is and where the hotel (street) is it would be much easier to answer.
You could always book a private taxi with a fixed charge.
https://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/airports/

Last edited by philat98; Aug 27th 2023 at 12:21 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

If you're flying into Fiumicino (Leonardo da Vinci) Airport, try the direct train called Leonardo Express - it takes you to Termini, the main station in Rome, in half an hour.

You should be able to find information on the Trenitalia website.

If you're flying into Ciampino Airport, you may be better off taking a shuttle bus to the centre of Rome. There are also buses that take you to Ciampino train station or Anagnina metro stop on Line A.

Hope it helps.
Old Aug 29th 2023, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daniel_t
If you're flying into Fiumicino (Leonardo da Vinci) Airport, try the direct train called Leonardo Express - it takes you to Termini, the main station in Rome, in half an hour.

You should be able to find information on the Trenitalia website.

If you're flying into Ciampino Airport, you may be better off taking a shuttle bus to the centre of Rome. There are also buses that take you to Ciampino train station or Anagnina metro stop on Line A.

Hope it helps.
Many thanks for your kind help, which is very informative. I've just checked my hotel booking and the location is a short walk the Cinecitta metro station. And I am indeed arriving and departing at/from LDV airport. Thanks again, Richard