Rome

Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

ragazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rome

How easy/difficult would it be to survive in Rome on a net salary of just over 2000€ per month?

I'm single and don't expect to get rich but want to enjoy life rather than just scrape by.

What do you think?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:58 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rome

Will you be paying rent or intend on getting a mortgage? If not, Euro 2000 net per month will be just fine to have fun in Rome. You could get by on that in London with an active social life.

A lot depends on your vices: shoes, fine wines, Michelin starred restuarants, hip bars, cuban cigars, crack cocaine.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

I'd be paying rent. I like shoes, but I could give the cuban cigars and the cocaine a miss.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:20 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Shoes!

You'd better supplement the income with a flexible friend!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:35 pm
Capo di nessuno capo

stefanaccio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you could live just fine, especially if you live in the south and consider a shared flat if you live in a city. You will even save a few soldi on the scarpe.
Casale-The House with No Bidet
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

The one thing I'm clear about is that I don't want to share a flat.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:53 am
Pull my finger

Accommodation will be your biggest expense. Well maybe also the shoes...

Have you chosen the area of Rome you prefer? Obviously cheaper on the outskirts than central but what about journey times and travelling expenses? Closer to the nightlife... A big consideration. Living away from the centre of Vicenza I find myself spending more time in than out simply because if i want to go out I need to travel a bit by car. No buses or tube where I am. I rarely see a taxi.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:29 am
Pull my finger

have you already seen this site?

http://www.wantedinrome.com/