Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Roberto Di Matteo

Roberto Di Matteo

Old May 20th 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roberto Di Matteo

Whatever team you support or if football is of no interest to you, this guy represents all that is good in Italy. Family man, modest, unbecoming but.... seriously good (And yes, I do know that he was born in Switzerland if anyone on other forums are looking in).
Old May 21st 2012, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Roberto Di Matteo

Well I'm a Chelsea fan of long standing so I can only paraise Di Matteo for what he has done. A lot will be gutted if they don't keep him on ..

Italians are quick to say it's all their merit of course ... ditto Roberto Mancini ..
Old May 21st 2012, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Italians are quick to say it's all their merit of course ... ditto Roberto Mancini ..
SO true! I watched the match with OH and he wanted Chelsea to win, because of Di Matteo... and then said it was all thanks to him they won! Contradicted himself a bit though when he said it was an English (football) trait to make a comeback in the last minutes even if they are losing... he mentioned a game against Napoli where the English team, can't remember who, were losing and i the last minutes won 3-1.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:00 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play to Di Matteo and Mancini - they have won trophies whilst having to deal with: the biggest prat in football (Terry) the 2 most disgusting obnxious money grabbers (Cole and Tevez) and, probably the hardest to manage player of all time, Mad Mario.

All credit to them both of them for still coming through to provide what the fans of the respective clubs want. (OK and the odd billion or two probably helped)

Last edited by Garbatellamike; May 21st 2012 at 12:01 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Fair play to Di Matteo and Mancini - they have won trophies whilst having to deal with: the biggest prat in football (Terry) the 2 most disgusting obnxious money grabbers (Cole and Tevez) and, probably the hardest to manage player of all time, Mad Mario.

All credit to them both of them for still coming through to provide what the fans of the respective clubs want. (OK and the odd billion or two probably helped)
Yeah well it's all money these days .. actually I rarely watch a League match, mostly becuase if you have to pay money to Sky or whatever and I'm not having it!

I watched Champions final on RAI so at least I get money's worth from licence fee .... sort of. Hope they will show European championship matches.

I only get excited about finals and big sporting events anyway. I though Cudicini was still our keeper but apprently he's with Spurs now!
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:11 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

actually I rarely watch a League match, mostly becuase if you have to pay money to Sky or whatever and I'm not having it!
I have been using a website called firstrow sports, which streams the games for free rather than paying Sky money as I'm not paying either.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I have been using a website called firstrow sports, which streams the games for free rather than paying Sky money as I'm not paying either.
Ace! thanks for the tip off
Old May 22nd 2012, 12:17 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballerina
Contradicted himself a bit though when he said it was an English (football) trait to make a comeback in the last minutes even if they are losing... he mentioned a game against Napoli where the English team, can't remember who, were losing and i the last minutes won 3-1.
Napoli lost to Liverpool. England captain Gerrard grabbing a late hat-trick!
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Napoli lost to Liverpool. England captain Gerrard grabbing a late hat-trick!
NApoli / Liverpool .. quite a combination.

I always tell Italians that Liverpool is the Naples of England ... well, I know what I mean.
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

NApoli / Liverpool .. quite a combination.

I always tell Italians that Liverpool is the Naples of England ... well, I know what I mean.
.....Interesting...I went to Sunderland last year and someone stopped to ask for a ciggie and said " don't think England is like this"... Liverpool cannot be worse than that, can it...?!

Vigevano, my town is getting there though,.....Lately I had my street covered with insults...just because me and other familes put a football club flag on our balconies...
They keep on doing these acts of terrorism despite several reports to police, having seen them etc..

Some neighbours think it's people faults as we should not have shown those flags, and now we should put them away...No way....This is not about football, this is about freedom of thought and expression ...

This is a paese di merda, and excuse my french...
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth
.....Interesting...I went to Sunderland last year and someone stopped to ask for a ciggie and said " don't think England is like this"... Liverpool cannot be worse than that, can it...?!
This is a paese di merda, and excuse my french...
Don't quite catch your meaning.

I always think L'pool and Naples have certain affinities both in a good way and not so good .. the unique humour, that kind of cheeky attitude, which sometimes crosses the line.. Plus the musical angle ..
Plus they are both sea ports. I dunno . . just some kind of weird theory I have!

I hasten to add I've only ever visited both places once in my whole life!
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:07 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I always tell Italians that Liverpool is the Naples of England
I thought along the same lines but dispensed with the comparison because the criminality in Naples in better organised than in Liverpool; and that surely can't be right when comparing UK and Italy to conclude Italy is more organised
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought along the same lines but dispensed with the comparison because the criminality in Naples in better organised than in Liverpool; and that surely can't be right when comparing UK and Italy to conclude Italy is more organised
Oh Italy can be *very* organised when it comes to some things ..

I was always amazed at how advanced the football "pools" technology was, even before the computer revolution. But of course it's a huge money making machine for someone, so it was obviously worth investing in.

as for 'organised crime' well i thinkthey invented that term. Even Italians will joke that "mafia" is their biggest export.
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Don't quite catch your meaning.

I always think L'pool and Naples have certain affinities both in a good way and not so good .. the unique humour, that kind of cheeky attitude, which sometimes crosses the line.. Plus the musical angle ..
Plus they are both sea ports. I dunno . . just some kind of weird theory I have!

I hasten to add I've only ever visited both places once in my whole life!
I probably misunderstood your post, when people mention Naples in this country is mainly because of its faults and decay ...and making a comparison between Naples and Liverpool made me think if it could be that bad....
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

oh, I must step in here. I know both cities (Naples and Liverpool) very well.
The comparison is actually a very good one; with the proviso that crime in Napoli is a well organised DNA ingrained art form; whilst in Liverpool it is jut plain ignorance driven thuggery.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.