Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Re-entering Italy fr. UK (with vax cert from Portugal)

Re-entering Italy fr. UK (with vax cert from Portugal)

Old Oct 22nd 2021, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-entering Italy fr. UK (with vax cert from Portugal)

I will be going to the UK (List D country) from Italy for 5 days from 5 November and then returning to Italy. I am fully vaccinated, from Portugal.
I need a 2 day test after arrival in UK, and a 2 day test for re-entry into Italy.
On the page linked below from the Italy government it says, under 'Vaccination Certificates' halfway down page, a person must show a vaccination certificate from the country they are travelling from i.e. the UK in my case.
The provisions stated on the page linked are valid until 25 October.
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nu...nu=vuoto&tab=4

Am I reading this info correctly? Or is the 'Vaccination Certificates' section a sub-heading under 'Entry into Italy with self-isolation requirement (5 days)' heading only?
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 8:53 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entering Italy fr. UK (with vax cert from Portugal)

Originally Posted by campos
I will be going to the UK (List D country) from Italy for 5 days from 5 November and then returning to Italy. I am fully vaccinated, from Portugal.
I need a 2 day test after arrival in UK, and a 2 day test for re-entry into Italy.
On the page linked below from the Italy government it says, under 'Vaccination Certificates' halfway down page, a person must show a vaccination certificate from the country they are travelling from i.e. the UK in my case.
The provisions stated on the page linked are valid until 25 October.
https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nu...nu=vuoto&tab=4

Am I reading this info correctly? Or is the 'Vaccination Certificates' section a sub-heading under 'Entry into Italy with self-isolation requirement (5 days)' heading only?

You haven't read it all quite correctly, some of the Italian wording is quite ambiguous. European vaccine certificates are accepted in Italy as are the UK NHS ones. However, I wouldn't even think about any of it or read anything else until we see what rules change on October 24th/25th, especially as you'll be travelling back here from the UK which has just gone over 50.000 new Covid cases. Who knows if Italy will bring back the 5 day quarantine?
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You haven't read it all quite correctly, some of the Italian wording is quite ambiguous. European vaccine certificates are accepted in Italy as are the UK NHS ones. However, I wouldn't even think about any of it or read anything else until we see what rules change on October 24th/25th, especially as you'll be travelling back here from the UK which has just gone over 50.000 new Covid cases. Who knows if Italy will bring back the 5 day quarantine?
Thanks but the above links to the English version, not the Italian.
I have considered the phrase regarding providing a vaccination certificate 'from the country they are travelling from.' and believe it would be unrealistic and unreasonable for a third country's vaccination certificate to be unacceptable, i.e. Portugal.

Also, I'm finding the UK information confusing for fully vaccinated E.U. visitors, into the UK. Are we supposed to buy one of the tests from one of the online suppliers from the list provided on the UK Gov site. Most of that info seem to be for people returning to the UK from half-term breaks etc, with an NHS number to input on the site.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Semantics and I guess a translation error on their part. An Italian returning to Italy from a break in the UK , vaccinated in Italy as they normally live there would fail?