Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

RAI 1, No comment

RAI 1, No comment

Old Oct 3rd 2023, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default RAI 1, No comment

First the announcement of the bus accident, late but still a serious incident and delaying further the next program.
Planned program started 25 mins late, after one hour it is abruptly interupted by Bruno Vespa and Porta a porta, No
warning, no apology, nothing just P a P. and b£$ger the programming !
Even when I worked for a crappy little local TV station (which never paid my contributions btw.) would they dream of doing this,
Let alone the No1 National Tv Channel. Words fail me!
Old Oct 4th 2023, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RAI 1, No comment

Brits complain about the BBC but there is no comparison with RAI.
Old Oct 4th 2023, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Onlt half the country complain about the BBC, the other half love it!
Old Oct 4th 2023, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

The Beeb used to be the beacon light for the Europeans living under Nazi or Fascist occupation.

Sad to see some people in our country are actively trying to undermine its reputation or even dismantle it.
Old Oct 8th 2023, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

I've been in Italy for about 45 years and I've seen RAI go downhill too. It's the same story in both countries - governments want total control of the media so they reduce the quality of the programmes, which lose tbeir audience and that gives the government the chance to say the licence fee is money wasted and the media should be owned and controlled by their media tycoon friends.
Obviously you can't privatise state TV, you can only abolish it, which is what they'd like to do, selling off the bits and pieces to private channels.
Old Oct 8th 2023, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work for the IBA in the 80s and I remember the rule was max 6mins of ads per hour or 13mins in 2 hrs. We used to put containers in operators studios with recording kit on timers to check quality and that the rules were being followed. Do you remember the referendum when the Italians under the guidance of Silvio were asked to vote on unlimited advertising.
They voted for unlimited advertising!!! I have been watching the Greek guy on Motor trend on Saturdays but the ads have become ridiculous. 2 weeks ago there were 25 mins of ads in 1 hour.