Reload this Page >

Purchasing Property in Calabria

Purchasing Property in Calabria

Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

zaleuco is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Purchasing Property in Calabria

Hey guys,
I live here in Calabria and its not all great here either. The price of property is Over priced, i know this as i have been living here for 10 years now... i do have and i am in the business of property.... some big companies arrived here and done what they always do .. spoilt it for us all.
When you talk about spain and the over building and the high riseses (aprt blocks) Calabria is being spoilt by these companies also coming in and inflating the prices. 5 yeasr ago here it was possible to buy a whole property here with 10 acres and still have change from 50k.
If anyone needs some advise plese pm me.
anyway cheers to have bought
and i look forward to meeting you guys even if for info you need to know or as a contact you need to know.
regards
Zaleuco
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

gavinb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchasing Property in Calabria

many thanks, where are you in calabria?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:19 am
Just Joined

zaleuco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchasing Property in Calabria

Hi,
Im in Siderno which is on the Ionian coast. Married a girl from here and have two beautiful kids. When i look at all these treads and posts and see the problems people have purchasing property i must wonder why people put themselves thru all this. Its very important that people talk with the agent or the owner and most important the solicitor and if its an old property i recommend that you use a geometra also.... Geometra checklist
The geometra has no exact equivalent in the UK and the US — not exactly an architect, not exactly a surveyor, he’s a bit of both, and a crucial part of buying real estate in Italy.

The geometra’s role in buying real estate in Italy
Though there are overlaps (and the system is due to change with the job titles of geometra and architetto merging) there are differences between the two. An architetto tends to know very little about the mundane aspects of Italian buildings and real estates (boundary rules, electricity and gas supply and so forth), while geometri are unlikely to have taken on large building and restructuring projects.

Once you have put in an offer on a property in Italy, you will employ the geometra. He should find any structural faults in a building, subsidence, leaks in the roof, whether your water supply is safe and so on. His extensive checklist spills over from what we would expect of a property surveyor into what we’d expect our lawyer or solicitor to handle.

He should also check and make sure that the owner is really the owner and his or her aunts cousins brothers sister cant lay claim to the property after you buy it.

Be careful and you will get a property exactly what you are looking for and at the right price.
Calabria is really beautiful but its what you make of it...
Zaleuco