Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Private Doctor Torino

Private Doctor Torino

Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Private Doctor Torino

I have a recurring problem with my ears whereby every so often they block up with wax and they need syringing. I have 'funny' ear canals apparently!! Anyway, this happened last year here and I went to my local GP who speaks hardly any English and I spent 3hrs waiting for him to have a look and say 'yes they're blocked. Heres a bit of paper to take to local hospital to book an appointment with the ENT (the name is too long in italian!!) peeps to have them syringed. Anyway, to cut a long story short it took about 3 weeks to get them sorted and this was only cos I was willing to travel to a hospital well out of the way. We also have private health insurance so I was wondering if anyone knew of a GP in or around Torino who I could go to and who might actually just syringe them for me before I get on a flight back to the UK for xmas?? or how I find a doctor for myself?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:46 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Doctor Torino

English Yellow Pages might cover Turin or try the US and British embassy websites, they have lists of English speaking doctors in different areas.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:49 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Or try one of the big private clinics. Can't remember where we used to go though, sorry.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
Or try one of the big private clinics. Can't remember where we used to go though, sorry.
oooh where are they??
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
English Yellow Pages might cover Turin or try the US and British embassy websites, they have lists of English speaking doctors in different areas.
I have looked on the embassy websites. There is one doctor and it isn't central torino... might give him a ring tomorrow though...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

wish I could be of help to you Indie but I dont really know anyone either - sorry
(if I do find out anything I'll let you know ok)
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried this lot?

http://www.iwct.it/home
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Have you tried this lot?

http://www.iwct.it/home
Well I have heard of them... will go and have a look at their site... I just don't want to fork out for membership really... being tight!!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I like to think that someone will give you the name of a doctor out of the kindness of their heart. Is that too optimistic?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I like to think that someone will give you the name of a doctor out of the kindness of their heart. Is that too optimistic?
hmmmm reading between the lines I think it might....
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly Indie - at work tomorrow I'm going to ask my friend - she's lived here alot longer than me and has a few contacts in the medical field so I will try and get back to you.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
Honestly Indie - at work tomorrow I'm going to ask my friend - she's lived here alot longer than me and has a few contacts in the medical field so I will try and get back to you.
Thanks Patty, must admit that today I have woken up with a sore throat and the shivers and I'm feeling generally crappy. Maybe it's flu or something so they may clear. I've just been to the market and brought some honey and lemons and bread and the wherewithall to make soup for tea and that's all I'm doing today!!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:39 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Thanks Patty, must admit that today I have woken up with a sore throat and the shivers and I'm feeling generally crappy. Maybe it's flu or something so they may clear. I've just been to the market and brought some honey and lemons and bread and the wherewithall to make soup for tea and that's all I'm doing today!!
Oh oh - my crappy flu time began with a slight sore throat. More annoying than painful but a few days after that my head filled to bursting and I felt a if I was swimming in concrete.

Hope you get better and not worse
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Oh oh - my crappy flu time began with a slight sore throat. More annoying than painful but a few days after that my head filled to bursting and I felt a if I was swimming in concrete.

Hope you get better and not worse
Me too. Am feeling especially grumpy today now. It is quite a big sore throat already and I'm supposed to be seeing school psychologist tomoz....
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry that you're feeling worse today - hopefully if it is flu then as you said maybe your ears will clear. I have the same problem and have to have them syringed every couple of years.
Anway - I aksed my friend but she wasn't sure - she said to go to any private studio and book in - not sure if there are any in your village?
Am so sorry I couldnt be of more help cos I know what it feels like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.