Old Jul 9th 2022, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post

We have been living here for ages and still don’t understand why they won’t deliver post to houses in the countryside.....before we could use the post office address free of charge......that changed some years ago and it was cheaper to use a private postal address in town.....the price used to be 60 euros a year.......now it’s gone up to 70.......we don’t get post that often and wondered what would happen if we just used our house address in the countryside or is it poste italiane’s responsibility to get mail to your house......
Old Jul 9th 2022, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post

I guess it depends where you live and how remotely perhaps? We considered our house to be rural and quite remote, but the town (of just over 2500 people) was minutes away as the crow flies, but 10 minutes by car. Our post was delivered by the postie.
Old Jul 10th 2022, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Poste Italiane has no responsibility to deliver if they dont want to. It all depends where you are - driving half an hour to deliver one letter isnt going to happen. Down here, on many minor roads there are a collection of postboxes at the junction of major roads, where the post will be left. Or you can get a PO Box if there are any available. It may be that there are deliveries, but as the postie doesnt know who you are, you dont get the mail. in my experience the first thing to do is to introduce yourself to the postman, or go along to the sorting office and see what the options are.
Old Jul 10th 2022, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

The boxes at the post office are quite expensive......the nearest set of boxes to us are about 2.5km away and definitely no parcels.....I thought I read somewhere if you had a post box at your house they had to deliver your post.....or maybe it was fictional 😂
Old Jul 10th 2022, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walton
The boxes at the post office are quite expensive......the nearest set of boxes to us are about 2.5km away and definitely no parcels.....I thought I read somewhere if you had a post box at your house they had to deliver your post.....or maybe it was fictional 😂
I think you are correct. An Italian citizen has the right to receive a letter regardless of his location. Here is an old article on the subject. No need to pay for a box.
https://www.lastampa.it/cuneo/2015/1...ne-1.35212031/
Old Jul 11th 2022, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree. If a letter cannot be delivered by the PO it goes to the protocol office of the comune, where it is stored, and regarded officially as 'delivered'. It is up to you to go to the protocollo and see if there is any mail for you.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

to be delivered post has to be correctly addressed with recipient's name, street name and number, cap. If you get a post box in via Mesagne and they have a parcel that won't fit in it they should leave a note to go to PO for collection
Old Jul 12th 2022, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Can you remember how much a post box is?
Old Jul 12th 2022, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Can you remember how much a post box is?
If you are talking about the ones in Via Mesagne they shouldn't be that much 30/40€ I can't remember what we paid for it mind you we ended up with post for people in vaious contradas (foreign names)
have a look at this PO page https://www.poste.it/gamma/soluzioni-recapito.html

Last edited by clint; Jul 12th 2022 at 10:32 am.