Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Please Help me find my missing Uncle near Lake Garda, Italy!

View Poll Results: Are you able to help
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Please Help me find my missing Uncle near Lake Garda, Italy!

Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

PleaseHelpFindMyUncle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help me find my missing Uncle near Lake Garda, Italy!

Dear all,

I am writing here to appeal for any help or assistance to help find my Uncle who has now been missing since Friday 10th August, 2012 while on holiday with my aunt near Lake Garda. My Cousin is over there at present to Liaise with police & consulate but it has been seven days now & we are all extremely worried...

I respect fully this type of unfortunate incident happens everyday all over the world & the shock does not register until it happens to one of our own... as an ex news broadcast technician, I have experience in looking in the eyes of tormented family members while they are waiting to be interviewed by journalists on what could have happened to a missing loved one & we all wish there is something we can do to aid these heart-broken families...

Please take a couple of minutes to look at the links below & maybe you or someone you know might be able to help? or even just to increase awareness would be tremendous... I thank you all in advance in anything you might be able to do....

Missing persons appeal at Missing abroad:

http://www.missingabroad.org/missing-profile/felix-marr

News article from BBC London:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19249843

Face Book Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...05954126132708

Youtube appeal from my cousin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ba4CHpoPY

Once again, I & on behalf of my family are grateful for the time you are able to give to read the above as well as any assistance you are able to provide.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help me find my missing Uncle near Lake Garda, Italy!

Wishing you the best of luck with your search.

I've closed the poll you added as I don't think it's going to add anything to this thread. People will generally respond to the post and just saying yes or no won't be beneficial.

Hopefully members may be able to help with additional info on places you can contact in Italy.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Sue,

I'm not very familiar with forums & didn't know how to turn the poll off as I agree with you & didn't want one anyway.

Many thanks,
Aaron
Old Aug 17th 2012, 2:35 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in nearby Verona and just wanted to tell you that the 'protezione civile' are doing their upmost. It is all over the local newspapers too. It is very hilly round Garda and if I understand correctly, your uncle did not say where he was going exactly making things very difficult for the searchers.

J in Rome, also sent me a message.

My thoughts are with your family. Please feel free to p.m. me should you need to -you will have to post one more time to be able to use the p.m. function.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
I live in nearby Verona and just wanted to tell you that the 'protezione civile' are doing their upmost. It is all over the local newspapers too. It is very hilly round Garda and if I understand correctly, your uncle did not say where he was going exactly making things very difficult for the searchers.

J in Rome, also sent me a message.

My thoughts are with your family. Please feel free to p.m. me should you need to -you will have to post one more time to be able to use the p.m. function.
Thank you very much for your post & support. I fully understand the difficulties faced by the authorities & appreciate all that they have been doing & continue to do. Please take a look at our facebook appeal & share if you are able as it has regular updates of current situation. Once again, many, many thanks.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Really sorry for what happened. There is a really excellent tv programme that helps find missing people in Italy. It has solved some really difficult cases in the past.
The website is : http://www.chilhavisto.rai.it/dl/clv/index.html
And you can write to them clicking on 'Invia una Email. I think you can write them in english, as they had cases of missing british in the past.
I wish you all the best.
H&G
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

Hi - I watched you on the news and feel so sorry for you. I do hope your uncle turns up safe and well in his own good time and you and your family can get back to normality. I cannot actually help as I am in a different part of Italy but my thoughts are with you.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 6:44 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassius
Hi - I watched you on the news and feel so sorry for you. I do hope your uncle turns up safe and well in his own good time and you and your family can get back to normality. I cannot actually help as I am in a different part of Italy but my thoughts are with you.
Sadly, there is not a happy ending.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Am so very sorry to hear the latest news - my sympathy goes out to all your family.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

So very sorry to hear of the update.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Sadly, there is not a happy ending.
Has it been reported that this is not a happy ending ?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Has it been reported that this is not a happy ending ?
Yes it has.
Here is just one of the reports.

http://www.ilgazzettino.it/articolo....84&sez=NORDEST

My condolences to the family.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

iam so sorry its turned out this way condaloces to the family
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry for you and all your family
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 1:20 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to read this. Condolences to all the family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.