Reload this Page >

piazza torrigiani 50050 vico d'elsa,

piazza torrigiani 50050 vico d'elsa,

Old May 19th 2007, 9:14 am
Just Joined

haydn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default piazza torrigiani 50050 vico d'elsa,

Hello! I need help quick!

I have been offered a job near the above place. I will be going to have a look at the place and everything else very soon. Can anyone tell me about the place? Do you have any photos of the area? What are the people like? How hard is it to get by not being able to speak Italian? What are the locals like about British moving in to the area?

I'm a 33 year old man.

Many Thanks.
Old May 19th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: piazza torrigiani 50050 vico d'elsa,

Originally Posted by haydn
Hello! I need help quick!

I have been offered a job near the above place. I will be going to have a look at the place and everything else very soon. Can anyone tell me about the place? Do you have any photos of the area? What are the people like? How hard is it to get by not being able to speak Italian? What are the locals like about British moving in to the area?
Sounds like a nice, quaint little village in the vicinity of Florence. It's probably the kind of place I'd like to retire to, but I imagine there aren't going to be many (or indeed any) people there who can speak English. It's a "Fraction" (Frazione) of a Comune (small town) called Barberino Val d'Elsa, which itself has only about 4000 inhabitants. See here. Florence is about 30 km away. Just out of curiosity, what would you be doing there?
Old May 19th 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Hi Thanks for the reply!

I am a gamekeeper! I have been offered a job there to start up a new shoot. I like a good challenge but don't know if this is just one step to far!
Old May 19th 2007, 2:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It's very close to San Casciano by the looks of it and Poggibonsi. Both are reasonable size towns. As already said it's not far at all from Florence. We looked at San Casciano but stayed in Florence in the end. The kind of people you will have on shoots will almost certainly speak English. We live in one of the big private gardens in Florence, with a name similar to the above address, and the owners all speak exceptionally good English. I don't imagine it is the same family that is looking to employ you, but all the old families in Florence normally speak good English.

Also Florentines like English people and it is still just about Florence where you are going! They are quite reserved but that is probably normal to a Brit anyway! I would go for it. The area is beautiful and at the moment so is the weather! 86F at the moment.

Last edited by TestaRossa; May 19th 2007 at 2:33 pm.
Old May 19th 2007, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help. I'm going to talk to the estates agent over here in more detail on Tuesday. I must be honest i do fancy the challenge of it and what photos i can find look very nice. I`ll see what his man comes up with and then maybe come over for a visit.
Whats the cost of living like around there?
Thanks

Haydn
Old May 19th 2007, 5:59 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on casa.it. We found quite a few in this area on this site and it will give you an idea at least. Being an Italian real estate site though many of the properties will be unfurnished - this can also mean no kitchen at all, so bear this in mind!
Old May 19th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Thanks for that.

I don't have to worry about a house there is one provided with the job.. I have arranged to meet the bloke on Tue and hes going to bring a load of photos with him of the whole place and house e.t.c.

I will have some more details then and maybe able to give you the exact location for some more help!!!!

Thanks Very Much.

Haydn