Parking

Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking

I had a look throgh the forum but couldn't find any info on this. We just drove our car over from the uk (I say 'we' - my partner drove and i did maps..) We are going to get a blue parking permit on monday to park in blue bays (we live in Vicenza centre and there is no parking where we live). At the moment, the car is parked in a local car park and it cost us 14 euros yesterday. My question is, is it free to park in the blue bays between 8pm and 8am and do you need a ticket? Also, if we pay for the blue permit, will this also allow us to park in the blue bays of a car park or do we still need to pay for this separately? Thanks, in advance because we don't want a fine (yesterday i took the ticket with me before realising i needed to take it back and put it in the car!)
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:04 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking

My understanding is this (caveat I live in Rome not Vicenza):

Blue: denotes "pay and display" or sometimes "disc". Always check the maximum time allowed and confirm if payment is actually required as some blue spaces can be free at lunchtime and in the evenings.

White: free parking.

Yellow: indicates disabled parking or bus stops and delivery places

Someone from Vicenza can probably speak with more authority as I don't know how much parking policies vary regionally.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:38 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarcower
I had a look throgh the forum but couldn't find any info on this. We just drove our car over from the uk (I say 'we' - my partner drove and i did maps..) We are going to get a blue parking permit on monday to park in blue bays (we live in Vicenza centre and there is no parking where we live). At the moment, the car is parked in a local car park and it cost us 14 euros yesterday. My question is, is it free to park in the blue bays between 8pm and 8am and do you need a ticket? Also, if we pay for the blue permit, will this also allow us to park in the blue bays of a car park or do we still need to pay for this separately? Thanks, in advance because we don't want a fine (yesterday i took the ticket with me before realising i needed to take it back and put it in the car!)
No, you shouldn't have to pay at night, but check carefully because for example, certain areas of Verona it is only free after 12p.m and if the lines are blue and yellow when it's free, you can only park if you are a resident. And careful, when it says, 'first half hour free', often, it doesn't mean that you don't have to pay. Just that you need to pay, but you won't be charged for the first half hour.

Last edited by 37100; Jul 27th 2013 at 6:32 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

covboy is an unknown quantity at this point

"Parking Policies vary regionally"
Never a truer word spoken,
move to Naples and just abandon your car anywhere you like
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks for replying. It has the numbers 8am - 8pm and then the towing symbol, so by this logic I would have thought it was free in the evenings, but this is italy...
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by covboy
:
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

We're going to move it now, in the hope that it will save us a few euros until we get the permit...
Old Jul 28th 2013, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If Vicenza applies the rules like the rest of Italy, a permit will be for residents only, and will apply to resident parking bays and/or some blue bays. If you are not resident in Vicenza then you wont be able to have one.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:39 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
If Vicenza applies the rules like the rest of Italy, a permit will be for residents only, and will apply to resident parking bays and/or some blue bays. If you are not resident in Vicenza then you wont be able to have one.
Not necessarily, Modena. In Verona, a rental contract is enough.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

oop North 'blue' is generally 'public' parking space although tarifs and times will vary, so keep your eyes open. Most of these usually have a daily tarif.

You will often see the 'workday' symbol and there is often some debate as to whether Saturday is a 'workday' is.

Alos watch out for the street cleaning times where you park . these might be daily weekly or monthly depending on the area.

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

sonofjoe will become famous soon enoughsonofjoe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by covboy
I once got a ticket in Naples but didn't pay as the idiot hadn't written the correct tag on the ticket On another occasion I got a ticket and also wheel clamped which I did have to pay... 80 Euros
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

covboy is an unknown quantity at this point

talking of which the wife got one yesterday in Vomero which seems to be about the only place they ticket people,mind you she was blocking the entrance to a loading area ,when i told her she deserved it she just looked at me amazed.
It's just the Neopolitan mentality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!