Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old May 27th 2010, 7:41 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris passport application

Woke up at 3.30am and an hour later knew I could not sleep anymore so got up. Think some of it was to do with last night's pizza and some of it was worrying about passport.

Rang the careline as soon as lines opened this morning ready to give them bloody hell and not put phone down until somebody could tell me if passport had landed. Anyway .............

GODD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!

Credit card was debited yesterday and passport is being processed today. Thank $%&£ for that !!!!!!!!!
What a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. If Ewan the Scottish guy who gave me the good news had been in front of me I would have danced him around the room and kissed him! I did ask him at least three times though if he was absolutely 100% positive.

When I stopped dancing I thought "hang on a minute - where's the bloody text message alert from credit card company?"

Back on the phone to ring them - got them first to confirm that a debit had been made yesterday. Confirmed.
Asked why no text message received - guy said "hmmm bella domanda."
Turns out the the original bloke who told me he'd activated the sms service had set it up wrongly ..... typical !
Today's guy did a test and sure enough message came through ......

"E' stata richiesta un'autorizzazione di 178.00 Euro il 26/05 ore 16.07 - AMBASSADE DE GRAND - FR"

Never before have I had such a lovely text message. I couldn't resist telling the guy that if his dimwit colleague had done his bleeding job properly I'd have had the text message yesterday and would not have had a sleepless night.

Just hoping and praying now that TNT Traco don't screw up the delivery, so all you lovely people that have been so kind, keep your fingers crossed for me a wee bit longer.

If you were all here with me I'd be kissing you all and cracking open Champagne for everyone ............ even if it is only 9.30am !!!!!

Old May 27th 2010, 7:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. On the advice of a couple of friends who got the full story last night, I might apply for Italian citizenship and that way I'll always have double travel documents.

UK passport will now last for 10 years and that should be long enough for even the slowest of Italian red tape to grant me citizenship.
Old May 27th 2010, 8:54 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear it! So the 10-12 days was right then?! Maybe it's a lesson for all of us....wait the 10 days before panicking but make sure you build that into your time!! I think this whole thread will have been useful to everyone using the service.

Good to hear some people have had no problems, but it's when the trouble starts that the panic hits!!
Old May 27th 2010, 12:07 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 27th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Woke up at 3.30am and an hour later knew I could not sleep anymore so got up. Think some of it was to do with last night's pizza and some of it was worrying about passport.

Rang the careline as soon as lines opened this morning ready to give them bloody hell and not put phone down until somebody could tell me if passport had landed. Anyway .............

GODD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!

Credit card was debited yesterday and passport is being processed today. Thank $%&£ for that !!!!!!!!!
What a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. If Ewan the Scottish guy who gave me the good news had been in front of me I would have danced him around the room and kissed him! I did ask him at least three times though if he was absolutely 100% positive.

When I stopped dancing I thought "hang on a minute - where's the bloody text message alert from credit card company?"

Back on the phone to ring them - got them first to confirm that a debit had been made yesterday. Confirmed.
Asked why no text message received - guy said "hmmm bella domanda."
Turns out the the original bloke who told me he'd activated the sms service had set it up wrongly ..... typical !
Today's guy did a test and sure enough message came through ......

"E' stata richiesta un'autorizzazione di 178.00 Euro il 26/05 ore 16.07 - AMBASSADE DE GRAND - FR"

Never before have I had such a lovely text message. I couldn't resist telling the guy that if his dimwit colleague had done his bleeding job properly I'd have had the text message yesterday and would not have had a sleepless night.

Just hoping and praying now that TNT Traco don't screw up the delivery, so all you lovely people that have been so kind, keep your fingers crossed for me a wee bit longer.

If you were all here with me I'd be kissing you all and cracking open Champagne for everyone ............ even if it is only 9.30am !!!!!

said I was a witch....
Old May 27th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Very happy for you..
Old May 27th 2010, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by angeli
said I was a witch....
Don't stop the magic just yet ........ the passport is not in my hands yet !

Originally Posted by Pete Grey
Very happy for you..
Thanks Pete.
Old May 27th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

P.S. On the advice of a couple of friends who got the full story last night, I might apply for Italian citizenship and that way I'll always have double travel documents.

UK passport will now last for 10 years and that should be long enough for even the slowest of Italian red tape to grant me citizenship.
I have been toying with the idea of chasing Italian Citizenship. Fancy a race
Old May 27th 2010, 1:04 pm

Might be - but let me have a nice time back in the UK first - and not much point trying to get anything done over August.

We could start in September. What say you?
Old May 27th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Might be - but let me have a nice time back in the UK first - and not much point trying to get anything done over August.

We could start in September. What say you?
Ok, I am going to Sicily from last week in July till first week in September. So we could start in September.

No cheating and sending apps of now. Not the done thing.

Have fun in the UK

Pete

On your marks, Get set, Gooooooo
Old May 27th 2010, 1:36 pm

Couldn't send off anything even if I wanted to.

Not even sure I have my own birth certificate here.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Don't stop the magic just yet ........ the passport is not in my hands yet !

Thanks Pete.

Will keep magic flowing but know all ok
Old May 27th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

great news Lorna !! Now you can sleep
Old May 27th 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by angeli
Will keep magic flowing but know all ok
Originally Posted by Patty
great news Lorna !! Now you can sleep
Thanks girls.

Feel as light as a feather today - made me realise just how much the whole shenanigan was weighing me down.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:50 pm

No word from TNT Traco yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.