Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Online only bank accounts

Online only bank accounts

Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:02 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online only bank accounts

Hello,

I would like to change my current account because basically I pay fees and taxes and basically get **** all in return.

Which online only fee-free bank accounts are people using?

My choices so far are -

ING direct
Hello Bank
You Banking
Che Banca

Also, clicking the links via the Mediaworld website will get me a voucher of €100 minimum

That is all.

Thank you.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online only bank accounts

I don't use them myself but have heard good things of CheBanca . You do need to read the small print quite carefully and ensure everything you want is included in the no fee deal otherwise the charges can be surprising . You may need to garantee a pay check going though each month...

PS I'm bottle feeding an abandoned kitten who looks as if he's going to make it , Duffer is on the short list of names !!
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:38 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

A pussy called Duffer? Are you sure?
It was probably abandoned for a very good reason. After a long night, I need to be bottled fed too.

Regarding the bank, I just want a proper no-fee bank, i.e. no tax. I do everything online and the only times I go to my branch are to pick up new cards and twice a year to sign forms for what I have no idea, sometimes privacy, sometimes new regulations, sometimes about anti-laundering, sometimes to show my passport (!) in case I might have sold it to somebody, etc.

Ideally, the bank account should have a free debit and credit card included and an app that works on Android.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bluemoon10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I would advise ING. I have held an account with them for over a year.They are a good bank and their saving account give an ok interest (for these days).

BM10
Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bluemoon10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, and by the way, ING won't charge you for any transaction BUT in Italy you still have to pay a government tax for each account you hold. If you have an average balance higher than E5,000 you pay E34.20 PA for each account. If you stay below the E5,000 average there is no charge.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:45 pm
Pull my finger

I get paid peanuts so I will be below that threshold and whatever I do have always gets moved out.

As far as I could tell, I'm still a bit bleary eyed and still suffering the after effects of last night, a combination of beer and internet until 3am, for the banks I mentioned above I won't need to pay any bollo tax or such, so unless I go into a branch or cash cheques then I will not pay anything. Much like my Natwest account which I've had for over 30 years in the UK, I pay nothing.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Krakra is an unknown quantity at this point

Do let us know which bank you settle for.... We may all have to follow suit. I definitely would like to save some money as we are relocating next month and the thought of bank charges in Italy still baffles me.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 2:54 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Krakra
Do let us know which bank you settle for.... We may all have to follow suit. I definitely would like to save some money as we are relocating next month and the thought of bank charges in Italy still baffles me.
I am with Banca Di Piacenza... if you have a resident account and online then fees are zero...

Deutsche bank do a similar one in Italy.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:13 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
I am with Banca Di Piacenza... if you have a resident account and online then fees are zero...

Deutsche bank do a similar one in Italy.
I've also got an online account from CR Veneto, part of the San Paolo group, but I still need to pay the tax and a fee for the credit card.

I'm looking for an online only fee and tax free account, at least, an account where there is nothing to pay unless you need to go into a branch.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

I use Fineco bank and it works perfectly!
no fees at all, only the compulsory taxes due to the Italian government, and a lot of services on line.
bye
Primula

Originally Posted by duffer
Hello,
Which online only fee-free bank accounts are people using?

Thank you.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:23 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by primularossa
I use Fineco bank and it works perfectly!
no fees at all, only the compulsory taxes due to the Italian government, and a lot of services on line.
bye
Primula
I am specifically looking for accounts where you DO NOT PAY the imposto di bollo tax which is about €35 per year. I also do not want to pay €30 per year for a credit card.

For example, the ING Direct Conto Arancio current account is completely fee free, you do not pay the tax, they pay the tax.

I was just wondering if others are using a similar FEE FREE account.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

I paid much less of 35 euros/year for my tax, all the rest is free, included the first credit card.

here you can read the Fineco conditions
https://welcome.fineco.it/bancaonlin...tti/condizioni

but you can always bargain better conditions if you assure that you leave on the bank account enough money.

Anyway, it seems that you have already chosen.

bye, primula

------------------------------

I am specifically looking for accounts where you DO NOT PAY the imposto di bollo tax which is about €35 per year. I also do not want to pay €30 per year for a credit card.

For example, the ING Direct Conto Arancio current account is completely fee free, you do not pay the tax, they pay the tax.

I was just wondering if others are using a similar FEE FREE account.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:46 am
Pull my finger

No I haven't chosen. Previously the only option used to be Conto Arancio but now there are 4 fee free accounts to choose from.

Like I said, NO TAX NO CREDIT CARD FEE are a must!!!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Like I said, NO TAX NO CREDIT CARD FEE are a must!!!
And you don't care about how your money is used?

Just for your information, so you can choose freely:

ING direct has been accused to invest money in the military industry.

http://www.disinformazione.it/contoarancio.htm

they recently denied to invest money in controversial weapons, like antipersonnel mines or chemical weapons, but declared to continue to invest in "conventional" army industry.

you can read it here,

http://www.tuttotrading.it/tuttobanc...ectelearmi.php

below I report a part where they declare to invest in conventional military industry.

For this reason, as I wrote elsewhere, I use Fineco but I invest my savings in Banca Etica, because I prefer not to give my money to finance economical activities that I disapprove.

ciao, Primula.

----------------------------

In base alla nuova policy ING fa un'esplicita distinzione tra l'equipaggiamento militare standard e le armi oggetto di controversia come le mine anti uomo e le bombe a grappolo. ING si astiene dal finanziare armamenti oggetto di controversia.
Le aziende che sono direttamente coinvolte nella produzione, mantenimento e/o commercio di questo tipo di armi vengono escluse da nuovi finanziamenti. Con riferimento a quanto sopra, un'eccezione viene fatta per le aziende che hanno un limitato coinvolgimento in tale tipologia di armi e che sono principalmente impegnate in attività "non controverse" come ad esempio l'aviazione civile. Anche in questo caso ING finanzia esclusivamente le attività "non controverse".
In linea con questa politica di finanziamento, ING ha anche stabilito restrizioni per quanto riguarda la gestione dei patrimoni dei clienti. ING non investe il denaro dei clienti in aziende orientate all'industria bellica che siano direttamente coinvolte in armi oggetto di controversia. ING offre inoltre fondi "etici" e un monitoraggio del portafoglio ai clienti che desiderino escludere titoli dell'industria bellica dal proprio portafoglio.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:04 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by primularossa
And you don't care about how your money is used?

Just for your information, so you can choose freely:

ING direct has been accused to invest money in the military industry.

http://www.disinformazione.it/contoarancio.htm

they recently denied to invest money in controversial weapons, like antipersonnel mines or chemical weapons, but declared to continue to invest in "conventional" army industry.

you can read it here,

http://www.tuttotrading.it/tuttobanc...ectelearmi.php

below I report a part where they declare to invest in conventional military industry.

For this reason, as I wrote elsewhere, I use Fineco but I invest my savings in Banca Etica, because I prefer not to give my money to finance economical activities that I disapprove.

ciao, Primula.

----------------------------

In base alla nuova policy ING fa un'esplicita distinzione tra l'equipaggiamento militare standard e le armi oggetto di controversia come le mine anti uomo e le bombe a grappolo. ING si astiene dal finanziare armamenti oggetto di controversia.
Le aziende che sono direttamente coinvolte nella produzione, mantenimento e/o commercio di questo tipo di armi vengono escluse da nuovi finanziamenti. Con riferimento a quanto sopra, un'eccezione viene fatta per le aziende che hanno un limitato coinvolgimento in tale tipologia di armi e che sono principalmente impegnate in attività "non controverse" come ad esempio l'aviazione civile. Anche in questo caso ING finanzia esclusivamente le attività "non controverse".
In linea con questa politica di finanziamento, ING ha anche stabilito restrizioni per quanto riguarda la gestione dei patrimoni dei clienti. ING non investe il denaro dei clienti in aziende orientate all'industria bellica che siano direttamente coinvolte in armi oggetto di controversia. ING offre inoltre fondi "etici" e un monitoraggio del portafoglio ai clienti che desiderino escludere titoli dell'industria bellica dal proprio portafoglio.
We're living in Italy darling so I have no idea what the Government is doing with my money either. I don't think anybody has when you consider how little freedom the Italian press have therefore I'm more concerned about what the Italian government is doing to tackle racism, the treatment of gays and disabled people in Italy and why the Church is protecting child-abusing priests.

And yes you could say I'm ignorant but right now I'm in the process of reducing my payments to companies where I receive little in the way of service. My bank being one of them. Don't get me wrong, they have done nothing wrong but I don't want to pay for something when it is available for free.

Also my mobile phone contract has expired therefore I will change from contract to pay as you go, on the same tariff but will save €5,16 per month because this is a tax that you pay only if you have a contract. That is the only difference, everything else is the same, even the duration! Yes, on pay as you go, you have an agreement to pay for 30 months, just like a contract. Crazy!! But that saves me €154,80 for the duration of the contract.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.