Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE ON FLIGHT BOOKINGS

NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE ON FLIGHT BOOKINGS

Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:50 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE ON FLIGHT BOOKINGS

I have just booked our flights to the UK for Christmas and got this urgent message never seen before .......

URGENT! You cannot fly without providing this information
One or more destinations in your booking require you to provide travel document information in order to comply with local security laws.

FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT BEING ALLOWED TO TAKE YOUR FLIGHT.

Basically they want the same info that's on your passport / travel document. Our only destination is the UK so I'm presuming this is a new British security law.

I booked with Easy Jet. Are all flight companies asking for this info now at booking time ?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE ON FLIGHT BOOKINGS

I know you have to provide it if you are travelling to Spain. We had to provide it to Ryanair for flights between Brindisi and Stansted because of on line check-in - could it be this?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:02 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
I know you have to provide it if you are travelling to Spain. We had to provide it to Ryanair for flights between Brindisi and Stansted because of on line check-in - could it be this?
I'm not sure. Last year Easy Jet didn't have on-line checking in. That was last year of course. I haven't had any messages or details about it though.

My sister recently did all online checking in with Jet 2. I'll ask her if she had to give all these details.

When I dropped her and Mum off at Venice airport it was great, loads of people were queuing up to check-in and they went straight to a bag drop off point and got their boarding cards in 2 minutes.

It's not a problem - just that OH is at work with his docs in his wallet so I can't fill the details in now.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I think we have to provide passpaort number etc for booking flights with BA (we don't normally book it goes through dh's company via Amex) but I did also have to provide all this info when checking in online for the flights too with BA for our flights back at the end of July. Was a right bloody kerfuffle putting down the lappy to scrabble through cupboards looking for all our flipping passports!!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:19 am

This thing is asking for the country of issue of my passport.

It was renewed by the British Embassy in Rome.

There isn't an actual "country of issue" on the passport page.

I can see "code of issuing" - GBR

and "authority" - British Embassy Rome

So is the country of issue GBR ???
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
This thing is asking for the country of issue of my passport.

It was renewed by the British Embassy in Rome.

There isn't an actual "country of issue" on the passport page.

I can see "code of issuing" - GBR

and "authority" - British Embassy Rome

So is the country of issue GBR ???
Hmmmmmm not sure. I would say yes as don't embassys act as countries?? i.e. the laws of their own country apply within the walls?????
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:26 am

and I suppose for the kids I'll have to choose Identity Card from the drop down menu of 'document type'.

It's a "certificato di nascità con fotografia" but as near as dammit to an ID card.

It's certainly not a visa, a passport or a refugee document.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

and I suppose for the kids I'll have to choose Identity Card from the drop down menu of 'document type'.

It's a "certificato di nascità con fotografia" but as near as dammit to an ID card.

You would have to be complicated Lorna!!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

I recently flew back to Pisa from Stansted with Ryanair and had to enter our document data online in order to complete the online check in procedure so I think this is now standard. My passport was also done through the embassy in Rome but I put the country of issue as GBR and the details of my 4 month old's "lasciapassare" under the "national ID card" option and we didn't have any problems
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Stellina
Hi Everyone

I recently flew back to Pisa from Stansted with Ryanair and had to enter our document data online in order to complete the online check in procedure so I think this is now standard. My passport was also done through the embassy in Rome but I put the country of issue as GBR and the details of my 4 month old's "lasciapassare" under the "national ID card" option and we didn't have any problems
Thanks Stellina, that helps.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:12 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I had to do the same thing with BA online this summer for Brando and the OH but we won't have to do it again as we're all registered with BA now. However we had problems at the automated check in kiosks at Gatwick because Brando's certificato di nascità con fotografia doesn't have an ID number. But all it meant was I couldn't print out the boarding passed myself but get them done at the check-in desk.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by duffer
I had to do the same thing with BA online this summer for Brando and the OH but we won't have to do it again as we're all registered with BA now. However we had problems at the automated check in kiosks at Gatwick because Brando's certificato di nascità con fotografia doesn't have an ID number. But all it meant was I couldn't print out the boarding passed myself but get them done at the check-in desk.
I can understand about on-line check in and stuff but I'm not even trying to check in - just book the bleeding flights.

I think both kids are on OH's Italian passport. I'm tempted to use that but he usually travels to the UK on his ID card, especially if his job needs his passport to get him a visa for his work travels.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stellina
Hi Everyone

Agreed we had ours issued in Roma last year and have taken many flights back to the UK and I always put country of issue as GBR, not a problem.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by debra
Agreed we had ours issued in Roma last year and have taken many flights back to the UK and I always put country of issue as GBR, not a problem.
Okay - GBR it is then. Thanks.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a eu law. Spain was the first to introduce it, but it will have to do it for all eu countries in the near future. It is causing a few problems for people with dual or more nationality as no provision was made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.