Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New Renzi Bonus info

New Renzi Bonus info

Old Jan 31st 2020, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Renzi Bonus info

Hi, I'm trying to find some clarification on the new Renzi Bonus rules from July 2020. From January I will be getting some extra pay each month for 6 months. This will take me over the yearly amount to be eligible for bonus Renzi.

My understanding is that in July, the Bonus Renzi amount will change to 100 a month and the threshold will change to from 24,600 to 28,000. Above this, it goes to 80 if you earn between 28,000 and 35,000 and decreases proportionally until 40,000.

Is this correct? It seems to be what various sources are saying, but my HR department have told me that it isn't correct.

My problem is that if I earn over the Renzi Bonus threshold, I will have to pay it back at the end of the year, but if the threshold is changing, then by the end of the year, I may be ok.

Thanks for your help.