Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Neighbour Trouble

Neighbour Trouble

Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jonnie-falafel will become famous soon enoughJonnie-falafel will become famous soon enough
Default Neighbour Trouble

Our neighbour has made it clear from day one that she doesn't like us - she's generally hostile and aggressive. We don't know if it's because we're English or gay... but everyone in our tiny hamlet speaks ill of her because she doesn't join in. I don't care if she doesn't want to be friendly, but she's started doing things like playing the radio at full volume on her window ledge overlooking our garden. She will then go out all day leaving it on. She has two mastiff dogs which she puts in a compound next to our fence and leaves them to bark all day at the slightest noise. Lately she's blocked the lane with her car if anyone is visiting us. We're going to see the Polizia Municipale tomorrow to officially complain.. Does this sound like the right course of action? Neighbours who don't live so close tell us to poison the dogs (I like dogs!) or just make more noise than she does. This doesn't seem a fair and just way to de-escalate things. Advice please.

Last edited by Jonnie-falafel; Feb 7th 2011 at 3:19 pm. Reason: Capital letter missing
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbour Trouble

Have sent you a private message.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

If she has the radio overlooking your garden, why not sunbathe naked? that will shut her up..as for the dogs not poison but sleeping tablets might help.

English and Gay: could be.....so why not start Kissing infornt of her you will know then if it is because of that....I would make her life hell...make love LOUDLY in the garden under her window late at night, Throw a gay party, start singing English football songs at 3 in the morning...Go up to her "buon giorno signora" while scratching your nuts

Or after all that....just ask her what the problem is.....
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
If she has the radio overlooking your garden, why not sunbathe naked? that will shut her up..as for the dogs not poison but sleeping tablets might help.

English and Gay: could be.....so why not start Kissing infornt of her you will know then if it is because of that....I would make her life hell...make love LOUDLY in the garden under her window late at night, Throw a gay party, start singing English football songs at 3 in the morning...Go up to her "buon giorno signora" while scratching your nuts

Or after all that....just ask her what the problem is.....
I am getting tired of defending certain posts of yours. We all like a bit of fun and humour and as a collective group "us British" are known for our humour.
Some of your recent posts seem to be lacking that humour.

Would you want me to advise you to have loud sex in the garden?
Would you accept advice to start kissing and making love in the open air?
When have you ever sung English football songs late at night in Italy?

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Feb 7th 2011 at 7:43 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I am getting tired of defending certain posts of yours. We all like a bit of fun and humour and as a collective group "us British" are known for our humour.
Some of your recent posts seem to be lacking that humour.

Would you want me to advise you to have loud sex in the garden?
Would you accept advice to start kissing and making love in the open air?
When have you ever sung English footballball songs late at night in Italy?
Mr. Posh is again advising people the wrong way-the poster asked for advice regarding a serious problem he has with his neighbour and all he gets is silliness.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

1) There was a post before mine: someone saying POISON the DOG..BUT hay thats gone and Jonnie-falafel replied No I like animals....Thats why I said "NOT POISON..BUT SLEEPING TABLETS"

2) well taking my post serious is rather silly IMO. you do not have to defend my post,

3) I suppose i should have said (only joking) But I thought that we was all old enough to realise that what I said was said as a joke....

4) PS: yes I have sung football songs (english) loud late at night...World Cup...

So Isakat: I said ask her what the problem is: I do not think that that is wrong advise.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

I've seen some very rude replies to some posts but nobody stepped in to tell them off (even mods) some of them had alaugh about it. So I'm thinking because this post comes from a gay person everyone has become very "politically correct". I'm sure the person in question smiled and had even thought about doing some of the things Mr Posh suggested, of course he is looking for some serious advice, but this forum often gives out some very light hearted advice , which is exactly what Mr Posh did. Before you get upset I'm not defending you Mr Posh
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnie-falafel
Our neighbour has made it clear from day one that she doesn't like us - she's generally hostile and aggressive. We don't know if it's because we're English or gay... but everyone in our tiny hamlet speaks ill of her because she doesn't join in. I don't care if she doesn't want to be friendly, but she's started doing things like playing the radio at full volume on her window ledge overlooking our garden. She will then go out all day leaving it on. She has two mastiff dogs which she puts in a compound next to our fence and leaves them to bark all day at the slightest noise. Lately she's blocked the lane with her car if anyone is visiting us. We're going to see the Polizia Municipale tomorrow to officially complain.. Does this sound like the right course of action? Neighbours who don't live so close tell us to poison the dogs (I like dogs!) or just make more noise than she does. This doesn't seem a fair and just way to de-escalate things. Advice please.
You can go to the vigile and make an "esposto" against the noisy dogs , the vigile will come out and ask your neighbours whether your telling the truth (they've knocked on my door twice) She will get a warning , not sure what happens if it carries on.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:03 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It has nothing to do with politcal correctness at all.

Some posts warrant more serious replies than others.
Some posts get reported, others don't.

If anybody is uncomfortable with any post for whatever reason they are free to report it. Because of different time zones in the world there is always one or more mods online.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonnie-falafel: What i did was light harted and it has been blown it out of pporportion:

If it has offended you as I am sorry.....It was all ment in good fun:

Lorna, Before having a GO READ what I put...Alll be it My English spelling is shite and so is my grammer. (I am like the dyslexic pimp that bought a warehouse)
I never once ADVISED. only in the last bit where I said "talk to her"...

I said WHAT "I" WOULD DO: NEVER SAID WHAT "YOU" SHOULD DO...THERE is a difference and if you two can not see that that was written in good humour...well do not know what to say. I will have to send you both a PM before I post....

Where do you come off Isakat saying "Mr. Posh is again advising people the wrong way" Tell me where please, I did not realise you was Mother Teresa and never gave wrong advise
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:55 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Turn the other cheek!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jonnie-falafel: What i did was light harted and it has been blown it out of pporportion:

If it has offended you as I am sorry.....It was all ment in good fun:

Lorna, Before having a GO READ what I put...Alll be it My English spelling is shite and so is my grammer. (I am like the dyslexic pimp that bought a warehouse)
I never once ADVISED. only in the last bit where I said "talk to her"...

I said WHAT "I" WOULD DO: NEVER SAID WHAT "YOU" SHOULD DO...THERE is a difference and if you two can not see that that was written in good humour...well do not know what to say. I will have to send you both a PM before I post....

Where do you come off Isakat saying "Mr. Posh is again advising people the wrong way" Tell me where please, I did not realise you was Mother Teresa and never gave wrong advise
I tried to read your message, but it hurts my head, the composition, spelling and grammar are giving me a headache-there is a spell check you know.
So, this is the last response to your posts, I am off to enjoy the sunshine in my garden.
From Mother Teresa.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I think there is a difference between things being a joke and things being offensive and, yes, sometimes there is a fine line. I personally think a bit of a head-start on the good advice was what was missing here perhaps. People come here, often, because they want the answer to a question or a bit of advice and support. If you are unable to offer this then maybe just shutting it would be the best thing to do. Otherwise we just end up marring another thread arguing about things and going off at a tangent just to prove our point. Not exactly the most welcoming thing for people who don't visit here often. This is what I was trying to get at on the thread concerning the person who just wondered if there was a way of speaking in English to someone who could help him at Telecom Italia. People are entitled to ask questions, even if the answer is no. We've got no right to be chucking stones left, right, and centre when we don't know the full story... and you all know the one about people in glasshouses I'm sure.

Also, even though I have good neighbours currently, I was wondering myself what the answer might be for the Op. You never know when neighbours might change do you or when you might suddenly find yourself answering questions from a local police officer? I live in a small town too and it's not always easy. I hope that the Op finds a solution to their problem.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Go up to her "buon giorno signora" while scratching your nuts.
Now that's what I call diplomacy!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnie-falafel
this might frighten her http://www.corriere.it/animali/11_fe...f486ba6.shtml:)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.