Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

NAPLES - PROCIDA

NAPLES - PROCIDA

Old Jun 26th 2015, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default NAPLES - PROCIDA

We are going to Procida for a few days, I believe I can catch the ferry from Pozzuoli or Napoli and I have a couple of questions.

Can anyone recommend secure car parking within walking distance or a short taxi ride to either of the ferry terminals on the mainland?

For 5 foot passengers, early august, is there any need to book ferry tickets or is it good enough to turn up and buy on the spot?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAPLES - PROCIDA

Secue parking in Naples is a bit of a misnoma, but Pozzuoli does have some parking with barriers - google parcheggio Pozzuoli and they'll come up. It s a better bet than the port in Naples - and also the ferry ride is shorter. You can, in my experience, just turn up for the ferry - even in August, but dont arrive with 5 mins to go...
Old Jun 27th 2015, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Parking at the airport is very reasonable and there is easy to access from the motorway and avoids any driving in the city. There is a good bus service into the centre.
There is a parking at the Port of Naples so you don't have to use any public transport.
Garage e parcheggi a Napoli - Tirreni Parking but is quite expensive.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

thanks for that, one more question, do you know if there is a bus service from the port in Napoli (close to the Procida ferry) to the airport (NAP) or failing that what the taxi fare would be?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris120
thanks for that, one more question, do you know if there is a bus service from the port in Napoli (close to the Procida ferry) to the airport (NAP) or failing that what the taxi fare would be?
I think the bus to get is The Naples Alibus Airport Shuttle. It runs between Naples Capodichino Airport, the Central Train Station and Naples Molo Beverello Port and stops only at these three locations.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

thats great, thanks for the prompt replies, i might be back with more questions later if thats OK with you.