Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

My Christmas poem and best wishes to you.

My Christmas poem and best wishes to you.

Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Christmas poem and best wishes to you.

Ho Ho Ho my bags are packed, (nearly)
I'm leaving soon and that's a fact.
Back to Yorkshire with a smile so wide,
To see family and friends over Yuletide.

My plane is leaving on the 22nd
Shall I return? What do you reckon?
I think I will but not empty handed,
I'll be loaded with things UK branded.

T-bags and Cadbury's just to start off,
Crumpets, bacon and more things to trough.
Books and mags all written in English,
Weight restrictions cause me such anguish.

Some other things on my shopping list:
Pills and potions, cheap for the kids.
Pens and pencils, things for school,
Stuff that's expensive here as a rule.

And whilst I'm gone I'm gonna get fat
On fish and chips and junk like that.
Chocolate Orange and Quality Street.
Flavoured crisps, oh what a treat.

I'll catch up on jokes and family tales,
Look out for bargains in some of the sales.
I'll dance with my dad, get pissed with my sisters
And ask my mum how much she missed us.

So I'd just like to add to all the above,
I hope you have fun with the ones you love.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year
and to you and yours, lots of good cheer.

Merry Christmas everyone xxxx

P.S. Thank God I'm not flying BA!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:07 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Christmas poem and best wishes to you.

Nice one Lorna! I'm off to the airport to pick up mum - b.a.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Nice one Lorna! I'm off to the airport to pick up mum - b.a.
Have a great time with her.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Brilliant Lorna.

Jamie is trying to get us onto a flight on the 21st..... or 20th or 19th.

When are you off??

37100, that's fab. I hope she gave them all a load of mouth from me!! Enjoy!!xxxxx
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Brilliant Lorna.

Jamie is trying to get us onto a flight on the 21st..... or 20th or 19th.

When are you off??

37100, that's fab. I hope she gave them all a load of mouth from me!! Enjoy!!xxxxx

Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Loved the poem,and agreed with nearly all of the things you are buying.!!!
I am off on the 23rd to Yorkshire too. Near Doncaster.
Have a great time, and a Happy 2010.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Fabulous Lorna. Next year's Christmas activity English Poems perhaps?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Ruth2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

I likes it very very much Methinks the lady has talent!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

You are making me jelous, talking of being with loved ones in Yorkshire. With a son in Northumberland and a daughter just outside Barnsley it is going to be a very lonely Christmas here. With 5 dogs about the place it just isn't possible for us all to go.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant Lorna

Have a lovely time and enjoy every minute of it !! You've made me wish I was going home for Xmas too
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:04 pm

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.
A very Merry Christmas and all the best to you all too xxx
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

IrishAtHeart is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the poem. Hope everyone has a great christmas.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Great poem. Best wishes to everyone, Italy,U.K. wherever you are spending Christmas!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Wonderful Lorna, have a fantastic time, Merry Christmas to you and yours
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the poem Lorna!!! A brilliant bit of british wit!! I wish all my new friends on british expat blog........A very happy christmas..and a healthy happy prosperous new year!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.