Mozzies

Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mozzies

Am excited cos we got given a free magazine yesterday at the toll gate in Lyon. There is a page advert for a new product against mozzies and it looks really good. Its only available in France & Spain or on the net. I'll put the link on here (hope thats okay Lorna ??)

http://www.parakito.com/

Has anyone else heard of it or used it ?? Let us know
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: Mozzies

Made in France, distributed thro Belgium, contract governed by Hong Kong law, the WHO link doesn't work, if you put Para'Kito into the WHO search box there are no returns. I wish it would work but i have my doubts, having said that for €11 it has to be worth a punt. I'd feel better if i could buy it from a shop. Who's going to field test it for us?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

me have sent for one let you know. will try most stuff.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Did you try them? Do they work?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

Hi there, taken from 6th of july the date they sent them to arrive yesterday. Only have worn it for a day not been bitten early days yet. the band is very trendy, small capsules fit snug inside. smells quite strong when on I think it wiil probably tone down a bit after a few days. Steve says I smell of deet. One capsule is supposed to last 15days 24hrs a day. I did swap from wrist to ankle smell a bit powerful. Had break from wearing it late evening and overnight. My other bites are now healing bliss. will do an update later in the week.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Pansy - sounds promising Keep us updated wont you ?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:57 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Top Tip, and this really works. When you have been bit and it does still happen wiv whatever you put on cos they always find a chink....use nail varnish ( clear obviously) and spread on bites. Stops you scratching and they dry up and disappear...It's the scratching and infecting and re-infecting that makes them go on so long.
Ernie
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks ernesto, clearing up last attack. no bites today and the smell has calmed down now. because it took awhile for the band to arrive I emailed the company replied same day with a tracking number. they would check at their post office. But arrived next day so I emailed them back to let them know.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Virgil Tracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pansy
Thanks ernesto, clearing up last attack. no bites today and the smell has calmed down now. because it took awhile for the band to arrive I emailed the company replied same day with a tracking number. they would check at their post office. But arrived next day so I emailed them back to let them know.
Thought this was going to be a thread about Morrissey fans!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernesto
Top Tip, and this really works. When you have been bit and it does still happen wiv whatever you put on cos they always find a chink....use nail varnish ( clear obviously) and spread on bites. Stops you scratching and they dry up and disappear...It's the scratching and infecting and re-infecting that makes them go on so long.
Ernie
Do you think clear nail varnish is better than the after-bite stuff ?

I'm lucky - the mozzies hate me and I only ever get 3 or 4 bites a year but I might try the nail varnish.

I bought a "herbal" after-bite stick of stuff for my kids, and like a fool I took the lid off and sniffed it in the supermarket. I thought it was going to smell of herbs of course. The quick, strong whoosh of an amonia smell went straight up my nostrils and nearly knocked me out
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

We have found a great solution for the mozzie problem

LIVE IN ICELAND
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:09 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Do you think clear nail varnish is better than the after-bite stuff ?

I'm lucky - the mozzies hate me and I only ever get 3 or 4 bites a year but I might try the nail varnish.

I bought a "herbal" after-bite stick of stuff for my kids, and like a fool I took the lid off and sniffed it in the supermarket. I thought it was going to smell of herbs of course. The quick, strong whoosh of an amonia smell went straight up my nostrils and nearly knocked me out
Deffo better than after bite....
Ernie
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well have finally got my avon spray - so will see if it really lives up to its reputation One thing I've noticed so far is that the smell isnt that pleasant, still.... better than getting bitten I expect.
Yesterday I was at the local pool and for the first time I saw one of those tiger mosquitoes close-up. It was really big - wouldnt fancy being bitten by one of them
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

mozzie band I sent for. I still get bitten not as often. Let me know how you get on with the spray. Will continue with band though.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pansy
mozzie band I sent for. I still get bitten not as often. Let me know how you get on with the spray. Will continue with band though.
My comune has been great this year. Last year we got nothing but leaflets from the school, the ULSS, the doctor, everywhere there were leaflets being delivered about tiger mozzies and not keeping pots of stale water in the gardens etc etc etc.

This year at the start of summer, the Comune went round every drain hole in the roads dropping mosquitoe killer tablets into them. You could also go and pick some up in the comune yourself for an euro or two to drop into your own drain holes around your house and garden.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.