Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Turin - advice please!

Moving to Turin - advice please!

Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Turin - advice please!

Hi there -

I am new to this site. My husband, 16 month old son and I are likely to be moving to Turin in June with my husband's job. I'm after some advice as we might be going out this weekend to start looking at areas to live etc.

- what are the best areas in Turin to live in? We want a house, not an apartment as that's what we have at the moment, so I'm guessing it would have to be in outskirts
- how much could we expect to pay to rent a 4 bed house with garden in these areas?
- can anyone recommend a reputable relocation agency for moving from UK to Turin and advise approx costs?

We need this info so that my husband can negotiate a decent package with work as his company are not used to transferring people over from UK.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving to Turin - advice please!

Hi Embles,

I have sent you an e-mail with some info on that may be useful (or may not!).

Welcome to the site
Carrie
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Embles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Turin - advice please!

Hi Carrie - many thanks for your email the info is very useful. I hadn't considered these extra costs so it's good to have input from someone who has been there.
It's all a bit of a minefield and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed about the thought of relocating to another country where I don't speak the language, but I'll be a bit happier once I've actually visited Turin (this weekend) I think!
Emily