Reload this Page >

Moving from Spain to Italy

Moving from Spain to Italy

Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Geebert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Spain to Italy

Howdy folks,
Me and my girlfriend are moving from Valencia to Milan in the next couple of months. Unfortunately we still haven't decided on the best way to get everything over there.

Van hire is an option, but most companies won't allow us to pick up in Spain and leave the van in Italy. I'm not sure if it'll just be a massive pain picking up the van in Milan and returning it there 4 or 5 days later?

We're waiting on some more quotes from door-to-door removal companies. The first quote we received was for 3,000 euros plus tax (plus insurance), although this was based on their estimate of 35 cubic metres. I think our belongings should amount to 12 cubic metres. Last time we moved from the UK in 2006 our removal quote was less than 8 cubic metres and I don't think we've added that much - we're also throwing out quite a lot of crap.

Any recommendations or advice?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Spain to Italy

Buy a cheap van in Spain; do the move yourself; and then sell it when you get to Italy on subito.it. You or the buyer should not have a problem re-registering it if its Spanish documentation is in order.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Geebert is an unknown quantity at this point

Buying a van would be a good idea, but I don't drive.

Quite tempted to hire a 'man with a van' though.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there'll be quite a few in your local English language papers.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Aug 27th 2012, 7:12 am
Just Joined

theobella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I am also moving to milan over the next couple of months. I was wondering which method you have eventually choose? Any companies to suggest?
Many thanks
Theodora