Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

moving some personal stuff in Italy - Taxes to pay?

moving some personal stuff in Italy - Taxes to pay?

Old Apr 13th 2023, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

beckdeisimoniei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving some personal stuff in Italy - Taxes to pay?

Hi, I have been living in UK for over 15 years, now moving some old and used personal belongings (bed, chest of drawers, TV, dishes, etc.) at my home in Italy. I will not be living there, just parking my stuff (moving the USA for business in July).
Anyone has experienced similar scenario recently, post Brexit?
Are there any custom taxes to pay to Italian government? What document do I need to provide to the moving company to ensure a smooth service? Please consider I am Italian, the home in Italy is mine and I pay utilities bills. I am registered as AIRE (register of Italian citizen residing abroad).

thanks.
Old Apr 14th 2023, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving some personal stuff in Italy - Taxes to pay?

AS a citizen and a resident you shouldnt have problems moving second hand stuff back to Italy. But the dogana seem to decide on a case by case basis, so you will still have to fill out the customs forms and give a value. Technically anything worth over £45 will have duty to pay. If you're taking it personally in a van, I would think you wont have problems.