Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Siracuse region sept.2009

Moving to Siracuse region sept.2009

Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Evinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Siracuse region sept.2009

Hello, I'm Evinson who, with my wife and 2 boys plan to move to the Siracuse region this september. I'm a translator/english teacher/painter who works via the internet but would relish the chance to take on local employment as a teacher. I'm qualified and like this work and pay isn't top priority due to my other source of income mentioned above. I'm visiting Siracusa, Avola and Noto next week to find accomodation for 9 months with the vision of extending our stay for perhaps another year. I would be greaty appreciative if you could give me a lead regards to accomodation (1 or 2 bedroom apartment 50-60m2 suffices) and some feedback on state school / private teaching. My family are bilingual in english / czech and are learning italian from, well, beginner's level. Nevertheless, italian is one of my favourite languages and my heart's set in speaking the language soon despite my 39 year old brain.
I plan to jump on the midnight ferry from Naples to Catania with my 7 year old son ( with bicycles ) and cycle / train hop south. Is this wise? We're both experienced cyclists and according to experience (mostly northern Italy) Italians make room / have respect for 2 wheel fellow road users. Is this similar in the south? Looking forward to hearing from you and possibly meeting up for a glass of wine somewhere. Cheers, Evinson, Robbie and family