Reload this Page >

Moving to Padova!!!

Moving to Padova!!!

Old Jul 1st 2011, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

wee_westie is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Moving to Padova!!!

Hi everyone,

I have just been offered a job in Padova and was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect? I have never been to Italy before.

What is the local area like?
How on earth am I going to get all my stuff over there?
Is there a lot to do?
Are the locals nice?

Would appreciate any advice/pointers!

Thanks
x
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Padova!!!

Hi, I don't live in Padova but welcome to Italy.

Have a quick search on the threads for man with a van. I understand there is a man who pick ups and delivers between Italy and the UK
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wee_westie
Hi everyone,

I have just been offered a job in Padova and was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect? I have never been to Italy before.

What is the local area like?
How on earth am I going to get all my stuff over there?
Is there a lot to do?
Are the locals nice?

Would appreciate any advice/pointers!

Thanks
x
Hello and welcome.

Padova is a university city so it pretty much has everything and it's busy.
It's close to Venice, Verona and Lake Garda for days out or weekend trips.
It's bloody cold in the winter time and hot in summer.
Making friends depends on you but the place is full of students who might be easier to get on with than the locals.
I'm not saying the locals are difficult ... but sometimes it can take a long time to get to know them - and them you .... especially in a city and especially if your Italian isn't great.

Give it a shot.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

wee_westie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello and welcome.

Padova is a university city so it pretty much has everything and it's busy.
It's close to Venice, Verona and Lake Garda for days out or weekend trips.
It's bloody cold in the winter time and hot in summer.
Making friends depends on you but the place is full of students who might be easier to get on with than the locals.
I'm not saying the locals are difficult ... but sometimes it can take a long time to get to know them - and them you .... especially in a city and especially if your Italian isn't great.

Give it a shot.
thanks guys
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tom_Essex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have just recently moved to Padova, its fantastic (so far) yes its expensive but its amazingly pretty, the people are much friendlier to foreigners here than anywhere else I've encountered in Italy. The nightlife is not bad and your only 15minutes by train to Venezia ...

It would be interesting to here which schools have offered you positions, I'm currently in Noventa Padovana, if theres any advice I can give, would be mroe than welcome ! Especially as thers no one here for August, everyone runs away to the beaches

Tom