Reload this Page >

Moving to Milano/Roma!

Moving to Milano/Roma!

Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Il Cavaliere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Milano/Roma!

Buongiorno,

I have recently been thinking of moving to Italy from the UK as well I don't like the UK that much (never have done), I was planning on starting a business over in Italy (once I have done market research and various analysations to see if any ideas are viable).

I have hit a stumbling block in that from what I can tell, I need to sort out a codice fiscale to do anything, from banking to mobile to satellite TV, all require a codice fiscale to purchase from them! As I won't be a resident within the next 6 months (I am still looking at housing options in both Milano and Roma), would I still be able to get one then open a bank account?

As for banking, which is a bank I should look to? I was thinking Unicredit are credit cards issued to new comers or do you have to wait a while?

Business wise, I will most likely see a professional as it appears setting up a business in Italy is a big minefield that if you get wrong can cost you a lot of money

Grazie, ciao
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Milano/Roma!

Its only my personal opinion but I would never bank with Unicredit .
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:27 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Go onto the Italian Embassy Website in London and you will find all th einfo you need to get a CODICE FISCALE whilst still in UK. Only trick not obvious as I recall is for your Province for which you should enter EE vice RM for Roma etc.

Give me a shout if you get stuck but it is very straight forward
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Its only my personal opinion but I would never bank with Unicredit .
Really? any other suggestions?
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Go onto the Italian Embassy Website in London and you will find all th einfo you need to get a CODICE FISCALE whilst still in UK. Only trick not obvious as I recall is for your Province for which you should enter EE vice RM for Roma etc.

Give me a shout if you get stuck but it is very straight forward
I presume this is the part of the site? on the form, it asks about provence of birth and domicile in Italy... both of which I don't have as I have not bought a place yet nor was I born in Italy. How do I get around this? or should I phone/email them?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:15 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Il Cavaliere
Really? any other suggestions?

I presume this is the part of the site? on the form, it asks about provence of birth and domicile in Italy... both of which I don't have as I have not bought a place yet nor was I born in Italy. How do I get around this? or should I phone/email them?
No you just put TBC or TBD in the Italian part and your UK Address in the foreign address part. For Place of Birth: Guildford, Regno Unito (example) and then EE in the boxes for province of birth. That's what I did and 3 months later a nice shiny card with my CF arrived.

Form here:

http://www.conslondra.esteri.it/NR/r...od_fiscale.pdf
Old Nov 30th 2012, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

No you just put TBC or TBD in the Italian part and your UK Address in the foreign address part. For Place of Birth: Guildford, Regno Unito (example) and then EE in the boxes for province of birth. That's what I did and 3 months later a nice shiny card with my CF arrived.
Ah okay that sounds good

What does EE stand for? three months? that is a long time, no?

If I were to walk in to the consulate on Monday, would I be able to do it in person? I ask as I live just outside London and I have to go into central for meetings so during my free time, I could go in, or would it be a pointless exercise and they insist on postal application? I presume that the copies of passport need to be notarised?

Thank you for the help

Does anyone have recommendations for banking, if not Unicredit then who?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:17 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah okay that sounds good

What does EE stand for? three months? that is a long time, no?

If I were to walk in to the consulate on Monday, would I be able to do it in person? I ask as I live just outside London and I have to go into central for meetings so during my free time, I could go in, or would it be a pointless exercise and they insist on postal application? I presume that the copies of passport need to be notarised?

Thank you for the help

Does anyone have recommendations for banking, if not Unicredit then who?
EE means estero EstEro. Most forms/documents require it. Can you borrow a friend's Italian address? It's would be better to get your CdF in London, but if it's too long to wait, you don't have to. It is the easiest thing to do once you are in Italy, just a matter of taking your passport to the office.

Banks? Swings and roundabouts. We are with Intesa and they have just payed our IMU (property tax) twice!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
EE means estero EstEro. Most forms/documents require it. Can you borrow a friend's Italian address? It's would be better to get your CdF in London, but if it's too long to wait, you don't have to. It is the easiest thing to do once you are in Italy, just a matter of taking your passport to the office.

Banks? Swings and roundabouts. We are with Intesa and they have just payed our IMU (property tax) twice!
Ah okay, no afraid not... most of my friends are in Spain (which is still an option but in all honesty, I prefer Italy, Spain is after all a couple of hours by plane not going to complain). I don't mind waiting as I won't be out for 6 months so really it doesn't make a difference in time, I was just shocked at how long it takes.

Are banks in Italy generally bad? in the UK I am with Lloyds and they are terrible, in Russia I am with RSB and they are brilliant, I think I will cope with whatever bank I go with as they will only have money for bills in it or are there banks I should avoid completely?
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Banks in Italy are not generally bad but the theretails banking industry does not offer the same range of products that you will find in the uk. For '' normal '' purposes any of them should be adequate , if you need to make a lot of international payments , run currency accounts , need loans then you will need to talk to the larger groups. Costs will vary and a non resident's account will be more expensive than a resident account . All of them will offer cash cards and credit cards , most some form of online banking / apps.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 9:45 am
Dunroaming back in UK

If I were to walk in to the consulate on Monday, would I be able to do it in person?
No chance sorry - you are dealing with La Burocrazia Italiana - just fill in form and send it to them, might come back sooner than mine did

I use Banco di Napoli and do most things via internet with no probs. Cashpoints charge for other bank's cards so a bank with branches near where you live and work might be best
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Banks in Italy are not generally bad but the theretails banking industry does not offer the same range of products that you will find in the uk. For '' normal '' purposes any of them should be adequate , if you need to make a lot of international payments , run currency accounts , need loans then you will need to talk to the larger groups. Costs will vary and a non resident's account will be more expensive than a resident account . All of them will offer cash cards and credit cards , most some form of online banking / apps.
Guess I should go for Unicredit then, seems to be one that has online banking, iPhone apps and the like... charges though
No chance sorry - you are dealing with La Burocrazia Italiana - just fill in form and send it to them, might come back sooner than mine did

I use Banco di Napoli and do most things via internet with no probs. Cashpoints charge for other bank's cards so a bank with branches near where you live and work might be best
Ah I shall then, does the passport copy need to be notarised?
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:16 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Guess I should go for Unicredit then, seems to be one that has online banking, iPhone apps and the like... charges though

Ah I shall then, does the passport copy need to be notarised?
no
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:34 am
Just Joined

no
So it just needs to be a standard photocopy via a normal printer? sound easy
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:47 am
Dunroaming back in UK

So it just needs to be a standard photocopy via a normal printer? sound easy
yep easy peasy there will be bigger challenges than the CF
Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

yep easy peasy there will be bigger challenges than the CF
HAHA what other joys should I be expecting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.