Reload this Page >

Moving to Italy and need help

Wikiposts

Moving to Italy and need help

Old Dec 26th 2012, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Trilly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving to Italy and need help

I believe that the safest and more secure route would be to seek professional advice perhaps from an English speaking lawyer based in Italy. This would help save time and stress in the long-run as conniewalker said - every comune is different! Wishing you luck in your continued research. Happy New Year to all!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnp77
Thank you for your timely replies, we are looking at moving to the Abruzzo region. We are still looking at property and have not finalized on an area. We are starting our Italian lessons after Christmas. My wife has been on American ex-pat website and it can was very disheartening.
Could anyone tell me if my wife as an American citizen would have any problems with getting the residency card? Do we have to get a private medical insurance?
We both enjoy history- sunshine and a slower pace of life. Thank you all once again.
wecome johnp perhaps wel meet one day as we live in abruzzo pretoro and have been here 100 years cant help much on the question of your wifes resedency but ther re alot on here who can the mane thing is to keep smil;ing even though the buragrats seem stupid and agresive and trying to block your way , its a way of life in italy what you need is a freind in the right places and to keep smilling sweatly i dont know what part of abruzzo you are thinnking a bout but if its in the chieti region i know lots of people who will make your path smooth
mpeople think bribery comes into it no its who you know and how you treet them . rember there is allways a path but you just have to find it
if you need help i know an italian amican who does this type of work all the time and just chrarges a small fee oh and looks like i hit the nought twice it should be 10 years happy new year
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:09 am
Just Joined

scanno75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! I am a new member. As an Italian citizen living abroad (born in Argentina) myself and my wife are willing to move to Italy during 2013. Her citizenship paperwork seems to be almost finished. We have a 2-yeard old son and want to bring him up in Italy. Since at this point we are in the investigation stage, I'd appreciate any help you can provide me, particularly as to whether we should be getting a medical insurance.

We will be temporarily working from our new home (employers abroad allow us to and hence thinking of moving to Como, really near from possible local job opportunities in the future) so another query is how would we be paying our taxes. We know that as Italian citizens we can access the public healthcare system but do we need a registered job in Italy? I guess we do, so who may we contact to get assistance about this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Scanno
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:37 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scanno75
Hi all! I am a new member. As an Italian citizen living abroad (born in Argentina) myself and my wife are willing to move to Italy during 2013. Her citizenship paperwork seems to be almost finished. We have a 2-yeard old son and want to bring him up in Italy. Since at this point we are in the investigation stage, I'd appreciate any help you can provide me, particularly as to whether we should be getting a medical insurance.

We will be temporarily working from our new home (employers abroad allow us to and hence thinking of moving to Como, really near from possible local job opportunities in the future) so another query is how would we be paying our taxes. We know that as Italian citizens we can access the public healthcare system but do we need a registered job in Italy? I guess we do, so who may we contact to get assistance about this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Scanno
Hi, and welcome. Italian citizens are entitled to healthcare reguardless. You can register once you have applied for residency. Note that for tax purposes, Italy considers you resident if you spend more than 183 dys a yr here, but there are exceptions, so make sure you get some good advice from an expert.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:19 am
Just Joined

scanno75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Concierge,

Thanks so much for the info. What about the crisis currently in Italy? I've read a lot about it, and also lots of post here in the Votation thread. I don't think it would be easy to get a job nowadays, but bearing in mind that we have offshore jobs, we'll jump. As for expenses: how much do you think a couple with a 2-year old son should think of to live comfortably?