Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving in with fiancé's Italian Family - am i crazy?!

Moving in with fiancé's Italian Family - am i crazy?!

Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:51 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving in with fiancé's Italian Family - am i crazy?!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
No it doesn't. They just think we are reserved and cold just like they think we all carry brollies and newspapers and that the whole country stops at 4 o'clock so we can all have a cup of tea.
here the country closes for lunch at 2 and don't re-open until 5, so we get a number of cups of tea
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
And you've met the Queen and hence know EVERYTHING about her.
..and you come from London and know exactly the best/cheapest hotel there.

One woman even asked me once if I could help get her son into Oxford Uni ... !!!!!!!!!!!!
I practically laughed in her face and she took it really badly . .stupid bat..
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:57 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
here the country closes for lunch at 2 and don't re-open until 5, so we get a number of cups of tea
12.30 to 4pm here. Sometimes 4.30pm in the height of summer.

Quite a lot of public offices, banks and post offices close at 1pm and just don't open again.
If you have to get different things done in one day, you are forever checking your watch for the time.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:59 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
..and you come from London and know exactly the best/cheapest hotel there.

One woman even asked me once if I could help get her son into Oxford Uni ... !!!!!!!!!!!!
I practically laughed in her face and she took it really badly . .stupid bat..
You ONLY come from London. There are no other towns and cities in England - unless you say you're from the North and then you come from Manchester........ or Scotland.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

You ONLY come from London. There are no other towns and cities in England - unless you say you're from the North and then you come from Manchester........ or Scotland.

But Scotland is still Inghilterra isn't it?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:02 am

Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Haha - no Scotland is Braveheart Country, we all run around in kilts (with our red hair and freckles) shouting 'Freedom'! Oh and we drink a lot of whisky.......
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by malcesine99
Haha - no Scotland is Braveheart Country, we all run around in kilts (with our red hair and freckles) shouting 'Freedom'! Oh and we drink a lot of whisky.......
and it's cold and raining all the time right?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

and it's cold and raining all the time right?
em they'd be right on that one
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

em they'd be right on that one

.. oh and the universities are free, right too?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:02 am

you forgot the blue facepaint
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

.. oh and the universities are free, right too?
EU students 'enjoy' free University too!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

you forgot the blue facepaint
Do you know my FIL He is the most patriotic Scottish/Italian I know, he has a Scottish flag outiside his house, a Scots flag on his truck and wears Scottish Tshirts and shorts!!!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Petra R is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 37100
And you've met the Queen and hence know EVERYTHING about her.
I did My horse beat her horse at the Royal Cornwall Show in .... 2000 I think it was? 2001? Can't remember.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Petra R
I did My horse beat her horse at the Royal Cornwall Show in .... 2000 I think it was? 2001? Can't remember.
Oh that will def come in handy during conversations, plus being in Cornovaglia is a bonus for folklore-ish value

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.