Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

More souls LOST ! ITALY's fault

More souls LOST ! ITALY's fault

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default More souls LOST ! ITALY's fault

When will Italy stop moaning about the immigrants arriving/ attempting to arrive in Italy. It is Italy's own fault because it is a soft touch, an easy way into Europe. Berlusconi used to even give them temporary passports. Because it is so easy, many try to come and so it will continue until someone puts their foot down, Spain is much closer to N Africa, Malta and Greece are closer to Egypt and the ME. But they do not accept these mainly economic asylum seekers. In fact over the last few weeks the numbers arriving in Spain are less than 20 according to the news. I remember some years back in France that if an individual was picked up whose ID could not be proven he/she remained in prison until the ID was proven and was then deported.
It is the same with kidnapped Italians in the ME, If they manage to kidnap Italian nationals they know they have money in their pockets and they even trade their hostages. While Italy continues to pay, Italians will always be vulnerable in these countries. I would have thought that the gov would have learnt after all the kidnappings in Italy in the 70s/80s.
M
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More souls LOST ! ITALY's fault

Well, you are right in saying that. Most of the people arriving ( if not all) are economic migrants, paying thousands of euros to be taken there. Normally they are described as ''desperate'' living in a desperate situation. And yet a lot of them holding a smartphone in their hands ready to be let loose , after a short period in a centro di accoglienza , in places already burdened by hundreds of thousands of immigrants. And one of the first thing they do before landing is to destroy their own documents, so no one can tell where exactly they came from.
Were are the jobs for this people ? What life can they aspect ? Where they are going to live ?
Or it will be a life of petty crimes, living in shacks on the periferies of Rome and Milan.
Europe should stop them from coming , maybe giving help in their own countries, and punishing the organiser of this journies.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 10:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

surely anyone destroying their documents is breaking a law or two. And making themselves stateless - something most countries can't deal with.

perhaps Italy should put all DP's on Lampedusa to stew and use their smartphones until the battery goes flat.

but it is Italy's fault - Berlusconi was giving them train tickets to the North so they could find their way into the soft belly of Europe and gained no friends.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe 1 day you may all find yourselves needing to find somewhere that will offer security and refuge from war and strife and poverty. I sincerely hope it will never happen to any of us; but you never know in the crazy place this world is becoming.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

The Alternative;-
Ferries from Alessandria/Brindisi, Tripoli/Reggio Calabria and Tunisia/Palermo.
All operated by the state with no need for Visas etc. No risk to life with this system....................

I'm sure that a couple of million Palestinians, 10 million Egyptians, and maybe 5 million Tunisians and Libyans would take up the opportunity very quickly.

Who is making money out of the present system? Who in the gov is getting the backhanders?
With 25000 this year already and at least 10K euros per person, this is a business of 25 Million.........................................
M
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

What is the Pope going on about. "VERGOGNA" That is what he should have in his gilded and golden palace in the heart of Rome. All words, words, words, like previous Popes, Why don't they go to Damascus, the Gaza strip, Eritrea etc. No No No that may be dangerous I might see my maker too soon.
Better to go to S America and Africa and preach no Contraceptives etc.......... In this way he is also responsable for the growing population and poverty in these areas.

I wonder when they are having their day of mourning for these deaths in Eritrea, Somalia and Syria.
M
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
The Alternative;-
Ferries from Alessandria/Brindisi, Tripoli/Reggio Calabria and Tunisia/Palermo.
All operated by the state with no need for Visas etc. No risk to life with this system....................

I'm sure that a couple of million Palestinians, 10 million Egyptians, and maybe 5 million Tunisians and Libyans would take up the opportunity very quickly.

Who is making money out of the present system? Who in the gov is getting the backhanders?
With 25000 this year already and at least 10K euros per person, this is a business of 25 Million.........................................
M
That is a good idea, cutting off the profit of the criminals. But, where all this people are going to go ? Which European country has plenty jobs to offer ?

BTW maybe the italians are soft on immigration remembering the time they were the emigrants, desperate and pennyless, going to the two Americas, Canada and after the war to Switzerland,Belgium and Germany.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Why do they have to go anywhere? Africa is probably the richest continent in the world with enormous squandered resources.
Instead of paying a few thousand dollars trying to reach EU why not spend the money on something useful there. I have worked in Africa could eat a meal in a restaurant with a bottle of coke for 20c. (six yrs ago admittedly)
Re a previous comment, I saw the desperate poor immigrant guy in hospital with his iPhone 4/5, I wish i could afford one...........................
M
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNO7Vx1XsO8

Last edited by Sancho; Oct 4th 2013 at 9:29 am.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The major of the town is saying that 3 fishing boats that passed without offering help.

She is also saying that fishermen that have helped in the past have been charged with the charge of helping and abbeting criminals !

Make your own conclusion
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:00 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

it would appear the goal - as usual - is the UK.
how Syrians can enter Italy but do not claim asylum until they reach the UK is against the strict rules of asylum. They will be crossing 2 or 3 borders before arriving in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Take-UK.html

But they say "Britain is a fair country" and considering all those shown in the photos are young, healthy males who should be fighting on one side or the other they seem to have a higher than average number of conscientious objectors.
Or is it just another ploy by one military or religious group to spread people about.

Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

.....are young, healthy males who should be fighting on one side or the other they seem to have a higher than average number of conscientious objectors.
Or is it just another ploy by one military or religious group to spread people about.....

That is another point, they all seem to be young and fit. Is there a long term plan to '' invade'' Europe ? Maybe and for what reason I leave it to all you good people out there. Me? I DO have a theory !
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Hitler and Mussolini had theories too.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mine are on why they are coming to Europe .
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by highlander1
.....are young, healthy males who should be fighting on one side or the other they seem to have a higher than average number of conscientious objectors.
Or is it just another ploy by one military or religious group to spread people about.....

That is another point, they all seem to be young and fit. Is there a long term plan to '' invade'' Europe ? Maybe and for what reason I leave it to all you good people out there. Me? I DO have a theory !
I'll rather believe that is about the sad reality that the young and fit are the only ones surviving a trip through war zones, deserts and a deadly sea crossing managed by mafia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.