Reload this Page >

Meet ups in Abruzzo anyone?

Meet ups in Abruzzo anyone?

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:18 am
Just Joined

greenempire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet ups in Abruzzo anyone?

Hello all,

I'm currently in London but I plan to visit Abruzzo for the first two weeks of September on a fact-finding mission and to look at houses to buy with a view to living in Abruzzo on a permanent basis. My partner and I will be staying in Carunchio during 1st September to 4th September and then we will be staying in Arsita during 5th September to 12th September. We would be very interested to meet with any expats in the region for a chat about life in Abruzzo over a glass of wine or a coffee one evening, or to attend a regular meet up if you have such a thing during the time we are over, as any regional house buying advice would be most gratefully appreciated.

So please feel free to PM me if you wish.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. :-)

Best wishes
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Meet ups in Abruzzo anyone?

hi there nice to hear you are coming to abruzzo i live not far from bisenti so if you would like to meet up that would be great pm for more details
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

acp010701 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sheila, I've read some of your posts and I think you said previously you used to live in the Isle of Skye? how lovely - Scotland is one of my favourite places! apart from Abruzzo of course, and are currently in process of buying a property with views of the Gran Sasso near Bisenti, which must be near you in fact! I am an artist and looking to start up an art club once we have moved out there next year. You are the first person I have contacted on a forum, and I see that you are quite active, and wonder if you know of many people who would be interested in joining? Would you in fact be interested? We are also planning to run art holidays once the house we are buying is ready and my husband loves cooking so he will be doing that side of things (sadly I burn everything!).
Look forward to hearing from you!
Anna
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

hi there great to hear you have found your house and settled in. i'm sure there would be people interested in your art classes as i would too. if you pm me i can give you my phone number and perhaps we could meet up. (i think you have to have posted a certain number of times before you can pm check with the administration people). best wishes
Old Jan 4th 2010, 8:20 am
Just Joined

That's good to know, thank you! Will keep in touch when we have actually moved, which we hope will be around May or June time all things going well with the purchase that is! Bye for now! Anna
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Ed Foley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have not been on this forum for a while so I missed your original post(s). I live in Castel Frentano near Lanciano so quite a distance away from where you are buying. I have lived here for over 2 years ( although you wouldn't guess it from my pathetic Italian.) although my wife continues to work in the UK and travels backwards and forwards bringing various members of the family with her at different times. I am not an artist although I would like to be. It took me a while to find any sort of art classes but I have finally started lessons with an Italian guy who has a studio in nearby Altino.

I would also be interested in learning to cook italian food properly. Again I haven't found any courses that aren't aimed at holiday makers. The only cookery lessons that were offered in the village were cancelled because of lack of interest. Most castellini simply don't believe you can grow up with out learning to cook alongside your mother.

Regards

Ed
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Hi Ed, Nice to hear from you. Of course I can't promise anything at this stage as we havn't moved out yet! but glad you have found an artist who can teach you at last. If you're interested later on, I was planning to start up a group of like minded people who love painting, whether that's landscapes, people or animals, in any media. We can learn from each other, though I could give a few tips when asked of course! We are buying in the north of Abruzzo but we do know a few people in your area, Casoli and Roccasalenga so may try to set up something in that area as well. Will keep in touch! Anna
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Phat Olive is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am also a painter/artist my partner is a sculptor we love Abruzzo the light is fantastic for painters... I have been busy on a series of paintings from the Abruzzo region.
We have made also a new friendly website its called <snip> we are going to have meet ups possibly a beach barbQ day/night in the summer,
Have a look ..Phat

Last edited by Sue; Mar 28th 2010 at 9:43 pm. Reason: Please don't link to your site. Suggest you have a quick read of no 9 of the site rules. Many thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

scouting4homes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im new to the forum just joined today. We're looking to buy a house in abruzzo and coming house hunting in April, staying just north of Teramo for 4 days. Great to read all your threads its very helpful and makes me feel its the right area, well nobody seems to hate it ! Im a 'just quitting' midwife and husband is a builder. We're looking to buy, renovate and start holiday rental/ B & B business. It would be great to meet up with anyone in the area to get the low down on, well, everything ! because anything will help us with the huge life changing decisions to be made !
Old Apr 4th 2010, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Phat Olive is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Welcome, good luck in your search there are some great bargains to be found in Abruzzo
Attached Thumbnails Meet ups in Abruzzo anyone?-sta60096.jpg  
Old Apr 4th 2010, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

scouting4homes is an unknown quantity at this point

sheila, unable to open your PM maybe because I haven't made three postings yet! sorry
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

hi there no problem just to say if you'd like to meet up that would be great perhaps i'll wait until you can open the pm. you can post anything just to boost the number of posts.