Lunch clubs

Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:51 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Lunch clubs

I like to cook, yeh I know.. I'm a sad donkey.
So, I'm thinking of asking folk in my area if they would like to start a lunch club. We produce a menu and they chip in for the food say €30 for a 3 course lunch with wine.Cook at our homes and everyone arrives, eats & goes. What d'ya think? We could have curries, Mexican, roast dinners, Chinese etc..I am always hearing the Brits here moaning about the sameness of their diet. Anyone ever been to one, or heard of it? Knowing the Brits round our way though they'll just say no and carry on moaning. Gawd, head and wall come to mind!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:54 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunch clubs

Originally Posted by ernesto
I like to cook, yeh I know.. I'm a sad donkey.
So, I'm thinking of asking folk in my area if they would like to start a lunch club. We produce a menu and they chip in for the food say €30 for a 3 course lunch with wine.Cook at our homes and everyone arrives, eats & goes. What d'ya think? We could have curries, Mexican, roast dinners, Chinese etc..I am always hearing the Brits here moaning about the sameness of their diet. Anyone ever been to one, or heard of it? Knowing the Brits round our way though they'll just say no and carry on moaning. Gawd, head and wall come to mind!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:56 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd come but am too far. Never heard of one here but perhaps not many Brits here complaining of pasta and riso. Plus - I know there will be lots of food - but isn't 30 Euro a bit steep for a lunch ? Would dinner be better?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:37 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same! We do regular nights out to restaurants here and the most we pay, inc. wine is 25! I don't think you will get many takers at that price! We've had more luck with pot luck type affairs so no cost involved and if someone doesn't want to cook they bring wine or a dessert! Those are my thoughts anyway.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:22 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

€30?? Does that at least include a handjob?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:02 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
€30?? Does that at least include a handjob?
We can always count on Duffer, can't we. I'm too far away and TBH €30 seems a bit steep.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:03 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't mean to offend.
I meant tit-wank
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Ernesto, so far it sounds like we would be those wingeing Brits you are talking about! Probably just as well you put it on here first, virtually, than approached people face-to-face!!

As I say we've done Pot luck type dinners, rather than lunches and whoever hosts normally keeps the leftovers which can work out well! We would try to make sure there weren't too many desserts or more than one of a dish, but even when there were they were always well received! You can still theme it but if you did I would make sure everyone had a specific dish or item to bring, no point doing mexican and you only have nacho's and guacamole! For something like that I would ask whoever hosted to be responsible for the margaritas so no-one had to bring loads of bottles for example. Just a thought.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:58 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Yeh, second thoughts €30 sounds far too much. What was I thinking off.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:54 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Thinking about it, I must have meant €30 for two...
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:12 am

That is a much more reasonable price.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:42 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute