Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

lost uk driving license while living in italy

lost uk driving license while living in italy

Old Aug 8th 2013, 6:54 am
Just Joined

queen_bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lost uk driving license while living in italy

So, I managed to get through to the DVLA yesterday and spoke to a very polite young man.

Some kind of document or letter is now on its way via post from the DVLA which I can then take to the motorizzazione. This cost the grand sum of £5 which the DVLA charge your credit card before forwarding the documentation.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news queenbean - and it didnt even break the bank
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by queen_bean
So, I managed to get through to the DVLA yesterday and spoke to a very polite young man.

Some kind of document or letter is now on its way via post from the DVLA which I can then take to the motorizzazione. This cost the grand sum of £5 which the DVLA charge your credit card before forwarding the documentation.
Efficiency like this makes me go back.
So, now, all you have to do is wait between one and 3 months for your Italian licence( OH finally got his after 2months +).
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Isokat - did this happen to OH? And did he honestly have to wait 2 months? Are you not issued with some kind of temporary document from the motorizzazione at least allowing you to drive legally should you be stopped?
Old Aug 8th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Isokat - did this happen to OH? And did he honestly have to wait 2 months? Are you not issued with some kind of temporary document from the motorizzazione at least allowing you to drive legally should you be stopped?
It was a straight forward change from UK to Italian licence( UK one expired).
They made a mess with his CF and he got it a few days ago, almost 3 mts later.
Yes, you get the piece of paper but you can only drive in Italy with it.
I just hope that some incompetent idiot not ask you to translate the DVLA document as they might not understand it...........

Check the thread about Italian driving licence, Pecora Nera was waiting even longer if I remember well.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the conversion from UK Licence to Italian.

I have both the photo card and the green part, I started the process to convert to an Italian licence 6 months ago and I am still running around in circles.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Good luck with the conversion from UK Licence to Italian.

I have both the photo card and the green part, I started the process to convert to an Italian licence 6 months ago and I am still running around in circles.
both I and my whife converted paper English licences to Italian as we got fed up with the caribinery say dove il photo it was a easy and quik procces we used and iotalian friend of ours who does qq ing as a profesion it cost us 50 eros each worth every penny as he had to go five times to sort outbwith he buratwats an motor outhriasion get your self a prof qqqer
Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

there you go Pecora - you have to get yourself a professional qqqer
blimey - I didnt even know this type of thing existed - just shows how bad this country is if you can actually make money being a prof. qqqer! (think I might take up a new job )
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I need a professional qqqer for the cold meats section at the supermarket.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Good lord guys, I'm beginning to fret again. I thought I might be cruisin' around in my pink cadillac some time pretty soon but sounds like I'm going to be grounded for a while.

Pecora Nera, una domanda, while you spent 6 months patiently waiting for your Italian conversion, were you legally allowed to drive? I can just about get by without my wheels now but come September, I'll be up the street without a steering wheel.

Regarding the professional qqqqqers, apparently they do lots of overtime. And quit the queuing at the meat counter and go veggie - there's rarely a soul stood in front of the stacks of chick peas.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Good lord guys, I'm beginning to fret again. I thought I might be cruisin' around in my pink cadillac some time pretty soon but sounds like I'm going to be grounded for a while.

Pecora Nera, una domanda, while you spent 6 months patiently waiting for your Italian conversion, were you legally allowed to drive? I can just about get by without my wheels now but come September, I'll be up the street without a steering wheel.

Regarding the professional qqqqqers, apparently they do lots of overtime. And quit the queuing at the meat counter and go veggie - there's rarely a soul stood in front of the stacks of chick peas.
This is a link to the whole sorry saga,

http://englishmaninitaly.org/2013/05...fficult-steps/

In answer to your question, yes I can, the office that is mishandling my application gives me a piece of paper that says I am allowed to drive in Italy.

Last week I was driving in my wife's car and was stopped by our wonderful (inept) police force and the document was in my car.... I showed the copper my out of date photocard, he looked at it and then gave me it back and waved me on, only in Italy!!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

So here's the latest. The DVLC sent me documents on the 8th August. I've even phoned to confirm that they were definitely posted. Still waiting and checking post Nothing!!!! Brilliant Italian postal system?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

So here's the latest. The DVLC sent me documents on the 8th August. I've even phoned to confirm that they were definitely posted. Still waiting and checking post Nothing!!!! Brilliant Italian postal system?
Don't hold your breath.

I phoned DVLC and they said they had my e mail and were looking at it... Cool
Old Aug 26th 2013, 3:05 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Your postman is probably on holiday.

It has been known to happen