Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

looking at moving next year any help please??

Wikiposts

looking at moving next year any help please??

Old Sep 27th 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

tomdidutton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking at moving next year any help please??

Originally Posted by clint
there are some vacancies at the UN logistics base in Brindisi if you want to take a look United Nations Logistics Base

The application form is a pain to fill in I did for an admin job but they wanted 3 languages ( I have 2 fluent ones + 2 I can just about ask for things) if you are not successful they don't write to you to say thanks no thanks but worth a try
Im fluent in English, scouse and mancunian our italian is coming along quite well. Whats the education system and healthcare like in Puglia?
I can't stress how important the information you guys on here give its priceless nuggets of knowledge. Dianne and I really appreciate all of your help.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys we're looking at properties online to rent however in the sub menu there's categories bilocale, trilocale, quadrilocale can anyone help with what these mean please?
thanks in advance
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomdidutton
Hi guys we're looking at properties online to rent however in the sub menu there's categories bilocale, trilocale, quadrilocale can anyone help with what these mean please?
thanks in advance
Bilocale = living room plus one bedroom, trilocale = living room plus two bedrooms, etc.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Bilocale = living room plus one bedroom, trilocale = living room plus two bedrooms, etc.
Hi thanks that had us confused makes looking easier.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Another way of getting a job is through an agency. Bear in mind that many international companies do not not recruit employees direct, but from agencies as contractors.
The only one I know is Serco, but there are many others.

Like everyone on this forum, the only bit of advice I can give you is do not move over here before you have a job lined for you and research the area well regarding schools, hospitals, etc. Sunshine is not everything.....
And, do not sell your house in the UK. You do not know how you, your wive or kids will feel in a few years time.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Isakat
Another way of getting a job is through an agency. Bear in mind that many international companies do not not recruit employees direct, but from agencies as contractors.
The only one I know is Serco, but there are many others.

Like everyone on this forum, the only bit of advice I can give you is do not move over here before you have a job lined for you and research the area well regarding schools, hospitals, etc. Sunshine is not everything.....
And, do not sell your house in the UK. You do not know how you, your wive or kids will feel in a few years time.
Hi I'll look into that. We're renting in UK at the moment the way we are thinking at the moment is that we'll come over once have jobs etc for 6 months to a year and see how we feel. We're looking at a reconnaissance visit in about January or February next year for a couple of weeks to see the areas we like.
After the advice we have already got our original plan of Campania is ruled out due to the job front and healthcare etc.
We are looking further north and east its between Abruzzo, Lazio, Marche and Umbria.
Any information anyone one here can offer would be greatly appreciated. We need the hard facts both pro's and cons of each region ie house prices (rental) schools employment opportunities and how life is in general.
Its our dream to live in Italy so we need to be fully prepared.
We're doing so much research not just moving on a whim. Its something we've been planning for a couple of years.
Thanks again guys
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

there are some vacancies at the UN logistics base in Brindisi if you want to take a look United Nations Logistics Base

The application form is a pain to fill in I did for an admin job but they wanted 3 languages ( I have 2 fluent ones + 2 I can just about ask for things) if you are not successful they don't write to you to say thanks no thanks but worth a try
Hi Clint you're a star I've just looked on the link you sent and there is a perfect job for me on there. I'm going to update and have my CV translated then send it in both italian and English so fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the pointer
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clint you're a star I've just looked on the link you sent and there is a perfect job for me on there. I'm going to update and have my CV translated then send it in both italian and English so fingers crossed.
If you do decide to visit this area I am sure Clint and I would be willing to meet up with you for a coffee/chat.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret M
If you do decide to visit this area I am sure Clint and I would be willing to meet up with you for a coffee/chat.
Hi that'd be brilliant thank you im sure id pepper you with a million and one questions about the area. You guys on this forum are brilliant with words of advice and links helping us we feel very welcome. Grazie a tutti
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Good luck with the job application.

As MargaretM said if you do get to visit around here let us know and we can meet up for a coffee
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with the job application.

As MargaretM said if you do get to visit around here let us know and we can meet up for a coffee
Thank you Clint if all goes well we'll definitely take you up on that
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in italy are you?
Can you give any pointers on where to look for jobs online newspaper etc please.
and also whats a good way to get our italian upto a good standard please?
:-) I see you've decided to give Campania a miss. That's where I am, on a mountain top.
Try Corriere della Sera newspaper on Tuesday, and Sole 24 Ore every day for job offers.
Also websites https://m.infojobs.it www.lavoro.corriere.it Offerte di Lavoro, Annunci Gratuiti per Trovare Lavoro - Impiego24
To improve your Italian tune in to RAI 1 news if you have satellite, also RAI news 24.
Buona fortuna.
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Sep 28th 2014, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ononno
:-) I see you've decided to give Campania a miss. That's where I am, on a mountain top.
Try Corriere della Sera newspaper on Tuesday, and Sole 24 Ore every day for job offers.
Also websites https://m.infojobs.it www.lavoro.corriere.it Offerte di Lavoro, Annunci Gratuiti per Trovare Lavoro - Impiego24
To improve your Italian tune in to RAI 1 news if you have satellite, also RAI news 24.
Buona fortuna.
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Hi thanks for those links I'll have a look at them.
We heard that health care, jobs and things aren't as good in Campania as other regions.
I personally love the area the Amalfi coast is gorgeous and Naples to me is kinda like an Italian Liverpool and as I'm from St Helens just outside Liverpool it is special to me.
I have an app on my phone and get sky calcio and other Italian news and radio stations so i use them to see how much i can translate.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Also if you set the language on your TV to Italian the only thing it changes is the Euronews to Italian. Worth watching regularly. Rapid fire speed but at least its realistic.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tomdidutton;11421358]
I personally love the area the Amalfi coast is gorgeous and Naples to me is kinda like an Italian Liverpool and as I'm from St Helens just outside Liverpool i

Re Amalfi coast.
I recently read a blog by an English woman who lives In Positano I think and who was saying that there is a huge humidity problem inside the houses all winter, the roads are treacherous ( she drives her daughter to school every morning to another town) and her daughter was excited to go to a park with amenities and greenery, which was non-existent where they lived.
So, what you see in the summer holiday is very different from living there.
I would imagine it would be crowded with tourists in the summer and dead in winter.

Last edited by Isakat; Sep 28th 2014 at 9:03 pm. Reason: my English is getting worse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.