Reload this Page >

Looking to buy in puglia

Looking to buy in puglia

Old Aug 9th 2021, 11:13 pm
HWW
Just Joined

HWW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to buy in puglia

Hello. I am looking to buy in puglia. Any idea what percentage of the asking price I should be prepared to pay? As in should I offer 20% less or 10% etc.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy in puglia

What on the face of it seems a simple question is actually very complex. One we asked when looking to buy and now after selling realise just how complex it is to answer. What we thought as Brits simply did not apply e.g. a new roof on certain houses there in Italy could have cost us x10 what it would in the UK. We assumed houses on the market, that had been on the market >5 years, owners would be keener to sell at a lower price. Not at all, and in some cases the price went up! A house you see next to a motorway exit looks awful for that very reason, not necessarily the case for Italians, and often for good reason. Then you have inflated prices to allow for people offering less, but others don't inflate. With the latter you may find your absolute ideal house, offer 30% less and get told never come back! We actually did that with an German/Italian couple who offered 15% less as we did not inflate. There are many, many other factors, but you have to look at it with a view "is it worth it for me" and also very importantly "can I afford to lose my money" or "wait a long time if I need to sell". Perhaps more of what you are looking for e.g. country house near a village, mountains, sea etc. A link or two of places you see as fitting, as I'm sure there are people here who will comment on why they do or don't look good.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy in puglia

Offer what you're prepared to pay.