Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

On-line resources for teaching EFL to kids

Wikiposts

On-line resources for teaching EFL to kids

Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: On-line resources for teaching EFL to kids

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Funny how we all grow up with a perfect TH and yet our kids who have multiple English sources don't always say it properly.
My kids can both do the TH properly but they often slip back and say "birfday" or "earf".

They do better when the TH is at the beginning of a word and not in the middle of it like "Thursday" or "think".

Just the other day it took Chloe a few attempts to get physiotherapy right. Her first attempt came out as physioterapy.
they always say it like that where I come from!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Funny how we all grow up with a perfect TH and yet our kids who have multiple English sources don't always say it properly.
My kids can both do the TH properly but they often slip back and say "birfday" or "earf".

They do better when the TH is at the beginning of a word and not in the middle of it like "Thursday" or "think".

Just the other day it took Chloe a few attempts to get physiotherapy right. Her first attempt came out as physioterapy.
Thle Italians make me laugh when they say I can find a place on "Google Art"!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.eslkidstuff.com/Gamescontents.htm

there are some really good ideas on here