Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

"Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

"Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

But then again , we're n Italy You never know
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:25 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giodafa
It's not "valido per espatrio" doing it that way.
'Tis here in Verona. We had a long conversation about it all with the staff -it's a tiny office of only 2. You had to use the form they supplied though. And they are now all 'valido per estero' except when stamped 'non valido'. However, here at least, you pick it up after a few days (this is what my friend was doing - I didn't ask her how long she had waited.) And you need 3 photos. Sounds like the usual Italy. New law, every one doing their own thing.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

We went this morning to get Emily's carta d'identità (thanks so much for the info giodafa!) They gave us the document, a separate sheet of paper stating who her parents are, and the document to get the lasciapassare (which we already have so won't bother getting another one until it expires). So according to Modena you need 3 separate documents to travel with your small child!

I reckon immigration will either just accept the carta d'identità without bothering with the other two docs or cause a big fuss anyway despite us having all 3!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:40 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stellina
How did you find this out? So even valid "lasciapassare" won't be accepted now at UK borders?
Originally Posted by giodafa
No! Whist getting my 15 year old daughter her carta d'identità(once they reach the age of 15 the lasciapassare are no longer valid) I saw soo many kids there , so off I went to my local police station for information. I had renewed my sons one only 12 months ago. The passport office at the police station asked me where I was going first so maybe they are ok for other parts of Europe but definitely not for the UK.

I don't know what's going on but I can tell you all that I flew out to the UK on June 16th alone with my two kids and had no problems getting in to the UK.

My 11 year old has an A4 sized document with photo. On one side it has the name of my Comune and the words :

CERTIFICATO DI NASCITA E CITTADINANZA.

On the other side it has all the blurb from the Questura, parents names, date of expiry and stamps and signatures. It says that this document è valido per l'espatrio fino a (max 12 mesi) 11 GEN 2012.

This document is almost brand new.

The 8 year old has the folded type card in a little plastic envelope similar in size to an identity card.

His card also has the name of my Comune on the front and the words:
CERTIFICATO DI NASCITA CON FOTOGRAFIA.... and also all the blurb from the Questura on a middle page and back cover. It was given to us in 2008 and is valid until 2013.

We flew into the UK with Jet2.com.

We flew from Leeds to Dublin with Ryanair.

We flew from Dublin to Venice with Aerlingus.

That's 3 different flight companies and nobody gave me any hassle or questioned either of these documents.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update on this. We flew from Pisa to Stansted last week and at passport control at Pisa we gave the guy my 2 year old's Carta d'identità and he was like "did the comune give you the birth certificate too?". We have got a birth certificate but it was at home and it wasn't given to us when we got the ID card. The guy said that the Carta d'identità wasn't sufficient to travel because it doesn't state who the parents are so has to be accompanied by the birth certificate, especially if either one of us are travelling alone with our son. Luckily I had taken his lasciapassare which was still valid and on the back of that it's written that he can travel with me or his dad. So.....as usual it seems that no one knows what they're doing P.s No problems at Stansted either way with just the ID card.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Just an update on this. We flew from Pisa to Stansted last week and at passport control at Pisa we gave the guy my 2 year old's Carta d'identità and he was like "did the comune give you the birth certificate too?". We have got a birth certificate but it was at home and it wasn't given to us when we got the ID card. The guy said that the Carta d'identità wasn't sufficient to travel because it doesn't state who the parents are so has to be accompanied by the birth certificate, especially if either one of us are travelling alone with our son. Luckily I had taken his lasciapassare which was still valid and on the back of that it's written that he can travel with me or his dad. So.....as usual it seems that no one knows what they're doing P.s No problems at Stansted either way with just the ID card.
Yes, that happened to us too but we did have the birth certificate with us (it was given to us by the comune when we got the carta d'identità). I also handed her the lasciapassare and she said it was still valid and we didn't need the carta d'identità at all. I know it would have caused us problems changing in Amsterdam again without it though so we were glad to have it (and nobody asked for the birth certificate there or in the UK).
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Our Comune are just rubbish then. I specifically asked the impiegata when she handed me the ID card if this was all that we needed to travel in Europe and she said yes. No mention of a birth certificate. Stupid me for believing her I guess!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Our Comune are just rubbish then. I specifically asked the impiegata when she handed me the ID card if this was all that we needed to travel in Europe and she said yes. No mention of a birth certificate. Stupid me for believing her I guess!
My comune also wanted to send us to the questura to get the lasciapassare as well though, so I guess they were a little over-zealous- but better than being lax I guess!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Just a qick update. I got back from the UK yesterday and evrything ran smoothly with just the carte d'indentita until we got o the Italian passport control on the way back! The police woman asked me if they were my children and to prove it Luckily I had taken with me the estratti di nascità, I just didnt know where I had put them so I had to open all my cases and root through everything to find them. After I found them she said "welcome back to Italy" I couldn't stop laughing.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 10:04 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hell yeah - welcome back to red tape and mixed regulations